ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
Em, have you tried "pill pockets"?
The vet doesn't want me to use any type of "treat" to get him to get the tablets as even something so small can upset the delicate balance of his glucose levels. Besides that the S.B. tablets need to be swallowed whole if possible (no chewing).

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So sorry to near about Boingo. That is tough. I know about the pill issue. When I moved I found a pile of little white pills under the bed. The stupid cat was spitting them out.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
for my cats or dogs that won't swallow or pretend to swallow pills they get the water syringe chaser guaranteed to cure what ails them and make them swallow the pills ;)

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Whenever I have to give my dog a pill I usually open up their mouth, throw the pill as far back as I can, hold their mouth shut with my fingers and rub my dogs neck forcing her to swallow. I do this whole process with the dog between my legs, (usually) with the dog in a sitting position.

Sorry to hear Boingo has gone blind. :hugs Take Care, Emily.

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Pilling dogs, what a joy! I would come and speak to him about the necessity of medication, but I doubt he would listen. (I'm diabetic.) I'm guessing it was macular degeneration. It causes sudden blindness in diabetics.

redtailgal

Reaction score
elevan said:
redtailgal said:
Em, have you tried "pill pockets"?
The vet doesn't want me to use any type of "treat" to get him to get the tablets as even something so small can upset the delicate balance of his glucose levels. Besides that the S.B. tablets need to be swallowed whole if possible (no chewing).
Well, duh. lol, I have been hair brained all flippin day!

Yeah, that makes sense.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Sunny & the 5 egg layers said:
Whenever I have to give my dog a pill I usually open up their mouth, throw the pill as far back as I can, hold their mouth shut with my fingers and rub my dogs neck forcing her to swallow. I do this whole process with the dog between my legs, (usually) with the dog in a sitting position.

That's pretty much the tactic that I use. I even open his mouth after to make sure he's swallowed it...but apparently he's snuck a few by me.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
elevan said:
Sunny & the 5 egg layers said:

That's pretty much the tactic that I use. I even open his mouth after to make sure he's swallowed it...but apparently he's snuck a few by me.
Darn, he really is a sneaky little guy isn't he? Maybe you could keep him on a leash and tie the leash to you for a little while after you give him his pill? That way you can keep an eye on him. Just an idea. :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Riddle me this....WHO laid this greenish black (flecked) egg? Your choices are...one of my many breeds of chickens, guinea or East India Duck...or some wild bird that snuck in...because I'm clueless. I thought our East India girl started laying last year and it was a brown waxy egg....

419009_2769073983559_1159251741_32316145_280662014_n.jpg

Latest posts