ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
sounds like you have a plan! Hope it works well for you. :fl Hoping for pretty babies and girls!
Yep...PINK is definitely what we want :D

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Thinking Pink in New Jersey! Can't wait to read how it goes. :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Soccer pictures this morning :)

DH talked to the soccer parents about bullying and that it wouldn't be tolerated and everyone was fine with it...except one parent. That parent wanted to play the line of boys will be boys. DH's #1 rule that he gave to the parents is that everyone have fun...well bullying behavior violates that first rule, doesn't it?

I've decided that I am unhappy with the length of time my first illustrator is taking in doing the job that I asked for my children's early reader. It's a relative so I really have no problem pulling it from them - as they seem to not think it's a big deal to leave it set undone. I have 3 artists who have requested that I consider them for the job and I've asked them to put in bids with sample artwork that is age appropriate for a 5 year old. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they put together.

The animals are loving this weather! I'm not so sure about it...69* with a wind chill making it feel like 45*. Ah, well...I don't have to break out my winter coat or coveralls yet, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Rocky (wether) managed to squeeze out of the buck's pen. Imagine my surprise to find him in with doe herd...and then my horror to think that maybe the buck's were there too! Thankfully they weren't and all was well. I found where the snot squeezed under the fence and fixed the problem.

Update on Skeeter: She is able to hold herself up on her legs and walk around like a normal chicken now!! She is still wobbly at times but is getting stronger and stronger. I put her in a high pen in the coop at night and she goes in the main brooder pen during the day (which is larger) to exercise. She knows when it's time to move and is ready to do so every morning and evening. I'm really glad that no one wanted to "rescue" her and rehab her from me. Eased my guilt to see her recovering.

We're at day 19 on Miss Flufferbottom's eggs :fl Monday is the big day for her. I'm getting more and more excited to see what little fluff balls she's gonna hatch out!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
elevan said:
Soccer pictures this morning :)

DH talked to the soccer parents about bullying and that it wouldn't be tolerated and everyone was fine with it...except one parent. That parent wanted to play the line of boys will be boys. DH's #1 rule that he gave to the parents is that everyone have fun...well bullying behavior violates that first rule, doesn't it?

I've decided that I am unhappy with the length of time my first illustrator is taking in doing the job that I asked for my children's early reader. It's a relative so I really have no problem pulling it from them - as they seem to not think it's a big deal to leave it set undone. I have 3 artists who have requested that I consider them for the job and I've asked them to put in bids with sample artwork that is age appropriate for a 5 year old. I'm really looking forward to seeing what they put together.

The animals are loving this weather! I'm not so sure about it...69* with a wind chill making it feel like 45*. Ah, well...I don't have to break out my winter coat or coveralls yet, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Rocky (wether) managed to squeeze out of the buck's pen. Imagine my surprise to find him in with doe herd...and then my horror to think that maybe the buck's were there too! Thankfully they weren't and all was well. I found where the snot squeezed under the fence and fixed the problem.

Update on Skeeter: She is able to hold herself up on her legs and walk around like a normal chicken now!! She is still wobbly at times but is getting stronger and stronger. I put her in a high pen in the coop at night and she goes in the main brooder pen during the day (which is larger) to exercise. She knows when it's time to move and is ready to do so every morning and evening. I'm really glad that no one wanted to "rescue" her and rehab her from me. Eased my guilt to see her recovering.

We're at day 19 on Miss Flufferbottom's eggs :fl Monday is the big day for her. I'm getting more and more excited to see what little fluff balls she's gonna hatch out!
So glad to hear about Skeeter. Sometimes things work out the way they do for a reason. You made a mistake. It happens. But now you can help make up for that tiny error. Looks like you are bringing her back to have a great life! So glad to hear it. Hate to see someone who really cares upset over a accident. Sounds like an issue that has gone to memory. Skeeter probably doesn't even remember.

And love this cool weather. :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
It's a beautiful, lazy day here on the farm :D

The sun is out and it's in the mid 60s with just the slightest hint of a breeze. Lovely day!

The chickens and guineas have taken the opportunity to venture farther into the field than they ever have before. I took some scratch out for them and had chickens running from clear out past the pond - up on the hill. I didn't see the guineas so I yelled "Guin - guin - guin" and they flew at me from the inner bank of the pond. As I said before, obviously wing clipping a guinea does absolutely no good.

Tomorrow is the big day for Miss Flufferbottom. I really hope to see some little fluff balls :fl

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
One of our chicks escaped the field today to visit the neighbors. Thank goodness they weren't home or their dogs would have been out and she'd have been a snack.

Bad Cruella!

4ba99613.jpg

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
The Goats are gorging themselves on the Alfalfa hay, lol. Will hobble out this morning to check on the Llama's. They will have plenty of room to give birth and shelter if they need it. Got an old tractor shed in the front pen along with a modern large shelter.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice day on the farm. Can't wait to see Flufefr's chicks. Is she just hatching her own or does she have a few others as well?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
77Herford said:
The Goats are gorging themselves on the Alfalfa hay, lol. Will hobble out this morning to check on the Llama's. They will have plenty of room to give birth and shelter if they need it. Got an old tractor shed in the front pen along with a modern large shelter.
Are you updating me or did you forget which journal you were in? :lol:

Hope your back is doing better!

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
Sounds like a nice day on the farm. Can't wait to see Flufefr's chicks. Is she just hatching her own or does she have a few others as well?
Fluffer is hatching totally unrelated chicks. I got the eggs from a family friend and there are a couple of BCM eggs in there! Although since they have 4 roosters in with 20 hens I cannot say for certain what I'm gonna get other than barnyard mixes but it should be interesting :)

Latest posts