ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Any action on the eggs??? I love when a broody hatches eggs, but hate that you can't see what's going on under them. :p

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
daisychick said:
Any action on the eggs??? I love when a broody hatches eggs, but hate that you can't see what's going on under them. :p
No chicks this morning. And it's been pouring down rain ever since...so I haven't been back out to check. First break in the rain, I plan to check for chicks ;) :fl

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
elevan said:
77Herford said:
The Goats are gorging themselves on the Alfalfa hay, lol. Will hobble out this morning to check on the Llama's. They will have plenty of room to give birth and shelter if they need it. Got an old tractor shed in the front pen along with a modern large shelter.
Are you updating me or did you forget which journal you were in? :lol:

Hope your back is doing better!
:p I was wondering were that post went. :lol:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Gave my Grandma a call to get her recipe for Stewed Tomato Gravy over bread. That's what was for dinner tonight folks! :drool

I made some minor modifications to her recipe so that I could have a one pot meal. Turned out super yummy!! Makes me think of sitting in Grandma's kitchen while she cooked up a batch and chatting....love my Grandma Emily to pieces!!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh my! My grandma used to make some kind of stewed tomatoes in a pot and then put pieces of bread in it. I LOVED IT! Brings back memories. Tomatoes are my most favorite food on this planet. :D

marlowmanor

Reaction score
elevan said:
Gave my Grandma a call to get her recipe for Stewed Tomato Gravy over bread. That's what was for dinner tonight folks! :drool

I made some minor modifications to her recipe so that I could have a one pot meal. Turned out super yummy!! Makes me think of sitting in Grandma's kitchen while she cooked up a batch and chatting....love my Grandma Emily to pieces!!
That sounds like a recipe you shoudl share!;) Never heard of it honestly.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
elevan said:

That sounds like a recipe you shoudl share!;) Never heard of it honestly.
I will...it'll be in my cookbook ;)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Best laid plans...

Remember this?
Group 1: Non-breeding
Miss Diva - she is too young and too small to breed yet.
Kingston - wether
Rocky - wether

Group 2: Breeding Pygmy
Speedy - buck
Goldie - never freshened on our farm
Elsie - 4 yrs old and never freshened

Group 3: Breeding F1 Pygerian
Ranger - buck
Daisy - If she doesn't kid early Dec
Maggie - yearling 1st timer

Group 4: Breeding - Is he ready?
Snickers - buck
Lilly - If she doesn't kid mid Nov.
Well...obviously my Nigerian Dwarf buck had other plans...as in ALL the does were for him!!!

It's been raining all day today so I haven't been outside much at all. Just this morning and a little bit ago to check on Fluffer. Well the dang mini / shetland cross horse that resides with the main herd of goats broke one of the t-posts off at the ground rubbing his big rear on it and allowed enough give for Ranger to get out. I walk out to check on Fluffer and see the goats out beyond the pond up on the hill and THEN I see WHITE!! OMG...none of the girls are white!!! Complete melt down on my part!!

Now, I'm gonna have to get some lute to deal with Diva...the rest we'll just wait and see what and when they produce :barnie

On the note of Fluffer: She has 3 beautiful chicks tucked in the front of her breast and the rest are still hatching or tucked too far back. I'll have pictures of the first 3 when I get them loaded.

Latest posts