ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Fluffer lost one of her chicks :(

:hit

It was doing fine earlier...eating and drinking and running around and cuddling. I'm not sure what happened but this evening it was dead.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
Those little ones are like that, you blink your eye and they fall over and die.
Oh, I know...it's just so sad to lose a critter at any age for any reason. And Fluffer was doing her best to try to make it move :(

She's a really good mama.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
And um, I had a silver seabright bantum that was a really good mother too, but the only problem was that he was a rooster...........He had all his boy parts, never laid eggs. But when he bred a hen, he also sat on the eggs and tended to the the bittys like a hen. Yeah, he was strange. lol
:lol:

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Went to TSC this morning to get some feed and some more heavy duty t-posts. Came home and shored up the buck's pen. Got caught in the rain and DH and I took refuge in the buck's barn.

Speedy took an instant liking to DH and decided that he wanted to be DH's "friend" I couldn't help laughing!
love-060.gif

9212b108.jpg

f1c134b5.jpg

I finally figured out why Speedy "liked" DH so much...he had been petting Elsie just before we entered the buck's pen and Elsie is in heat right now :lol:

After the rain stopped we were able to caught Rocky and Ranger (the 2 buck pen escapees) and put them back where they belonged.

Then we moved on to doing some stall rearranging in the barn and adding some nest boxes into the barn since the chickens like to hide eggs in there :rolleyes:

I heard a big commotion in the buck's pen and looked out to see Rocky running through the field with the tom turkey hot on his heels, I couldn't figure out what was going on until the turkey jumped onto Rocky and umm... :hide There's a whole lot of hormones in that pen right now!

Been a long day....but VERY amusing ;)

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My goodness! Your boys are all up in a rage right now. Sorry about Fluffer's baby. Chicks are so fragile.

Keep us updated on the babies.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Sounds like Love is in the Air at Elevan's Farm. Hoping all that love produces PRETTY babies.

Sorry to hear about Fluffer's chick. Sometimes no matter how good mom is, :idunno

Can't wait to see baby pics ! :)

Latest posts