ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I've been having one of those days were CFS is keeping me in bed...headache and exhaustion mainly. :rolleyes: I hate it but there's not really much I can do for it. DH is taking care of critters for me and I missed the boy's soccer game tonight. Although DH tells me it was a clobbering...we lost 4-1.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Thanks for the well wishes :)

I'm feeling much better today and was able to get out to my critters.

Fluffer is still being an awesome mama hen. I'll try to get some more pictures of the chicks to share.

Skeeter is walking much better and was wanting to get out of her crate to join everyone else on the roosts tonight. I want her stronger yet before I let her join the others.

The goats all demanded some love when I put the chickens in for the evening.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
elevan said:
Thanks for the well wishes :)

I'm feeling much better today and was able to get out to my critters.

Fluffer is still being an awesome mama hen. I'll try to get some more pictures of the chicks to share.

Skeeter is walking much better and was wanting to get out of her crate to join everyone else on the roosts tonight. I want her stronger yet before I let her join the others.

The goats all demanded some love when I put the chickens in for the evening.
So glad to hear you were feeling better and got out to see your critters. Sounds like it did you good. Got to see Fluffer continuing an awesome job with her balls of fluff. Made you feel better knowing Skeeter is getting closer to joining everyone. And how can you not feel better when goats demand your attention and love. Even the stinky males. :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I go out 15 minutes later than normal and have to chase Hen Turkey off the turkey coop's roof :barnie

The turkeys normally go to roost 30 minutes earlier than the chickens and normally I go out at 7:15 to put the turkeys in and go back out a half hour later to lock the chickens in. The turkey coop stays closed up during the day because it's within the buck's pen and I've got no way to make it goat proof and leave it open (it's a recycled Playskool Playhouse). Tonight I figured I'd go out a little later and thought the turkeys would be waiting at the gate for me like always. Nope. Hen Turkey was on the roof and Tom Turkey was desperately trying to figure out how to get up there too. :rolleyes: So, I opened the door for Tom and set to work chasing Hen down. She was determined to stay up there. Finally got her down and had to chase her around because she refused to go inside...silly turkey.

At least by the time that was all done the chickens just needed counted and shut in.

Checked on the goats and Jerry (llama) wanted some attention. It's really hard to believe that we've only had that llama a year and that his home before us was abusive.

It's also hard to believe that all that happened in about 20 minutes :cool:

Latest posts