ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

JusticeFamilyFarm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I like pickles, but I have to say that fried ones don't sound very appetizing. But, just like most other odd fried foods, they probably are very good. :D I have a friend who always tries the new fried thing at our county fair and she hasn't found one that wasn't decent yet.
Sounds like a good day, besides the scooter incident that is. Poor lady... I'd be embarrassed too! Lucky she had some nice folks like you around to help her up and going again!
Gotta love watching small kids show large animals, too! Always entertaining. :)

Squirrelgirl88

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
scrumdiddlyumptious!! - wasnt that from the Willy Wonka movie? (original, not johnny depp version) Anyway - fried pickles are not bad. Local chicken place has them in the summers. DD LOVES pickles so we had to try them.

Not brave enough to try fried oreos, or fried cheesecake, but I'm my cholesterol couldn't handle that anyway.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
scrupdidlywhat? lol, I see you make up words too!

I love dill pickles and sweet pickles.

Never tried a fried one, are they battered in something?
Yeah they batter dill pickle spears and deep fry...serve with ranch dressing...scrumdiddlyumptious!! :lol: Yep, I make up words to suit me too :p

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Speaking of pickles....

I finally got my Pickled Green Beans done

2607_306996_2069675419032_1159251741_31961387_6562584_n.jpg

After I finished those I looked out the window to see 5 of the guineas lined up in front of the human door to the coop and thought "Oh good they want to put themselves to bed and can't find the pop door" so I went out to open the human door for them. WRONG!!! Those guineas were the 5 confused guineas...the other 5 HAD ALREADY put themselves to bed - ON TOP OF THE BARN!! :th With the help of DH, a ladder, a stick and a net we were able to catch the bad guineas. I guess wing clipping doesn't work on guineas huh? :/

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Squirrelgirl88 said:
scrumdiddlyumptious!! - wasnt that from the Willy Wonka movie? (original, not johnny depp version) Anyway - fried pickles are not bad. Local chicken place has them in the summers. DD LOVES pickles so we had to try them.

Not brave enough to try fried oreos, or fried cheesecake, but I'm my cholesterol couldn't handle that anyway.
I'm not sure where I go the word from but I know I heard it somewhere...but maybe it's all in my mind :lol:

Fried Oreos are good. Fried Milky Way candy bar is better. I didn't like fried Twinkies though. And never had the fried cheese cake.

I've got issues with cholesterol too but I figure since I only indulge in the stuff one time a year what's the harm... :cool:

marlowmanor

Reaction score
elevan said:
After I finished those I looked out the window to see 5 of the guineas lined up in front of the human door to the coop and thought "Oh good they want to put themselves to bed and can't find the pop door" so I went out to open the human door for them. WRONG!!! Those guineas were the 5 confused guineas...the other 5 HAD ALREADY put themselves to bed - ON TOP OF THE BARN!! :th With the help of DH, a ladder, a stick and a net we were able to catch the bad guineas. I guess wing clipping doesn't work on guineas huh? :/
LOL. Well we have the same problem with the chickens. We have one smart one that will go in the coop at night, the other 7 like to roost on top of the coop. Technically they are in a covered run that also has a tarp on top so nothing could get them from the top anyway, so they could probably sleep there all night with no problem if they wanted. So everynight around 8:00 we have to go out and put the chickens in the coop for the night. But at least my little chicken wrangler 4 year old has fun catching the chickens and putting them to bed.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I guess I'm in a pickle of a mood tonight ;) cause I kept making pickles.

Here's some Habanero Pickles
2607_habanero_pickles.jpg

Here's some Ginger Pickled Carrots
2607_ginger_pickled_carrots.jpg

(sorry about the poor quality...camera on blackberry isn't the greatest)

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
The pickles look excellent. We are big pickles fans here. But unfortunately as I get older, they are a fan of me. :rolleyes: Hubby still loves them. But we never had them fried. Green beans look Yummy! :drool Lucky Grandmom.

:thumbsup on the fried Milky Way! :)

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Ok, fried Milky Ways could become an addiction :p

It was soooo HOT today! 97* tied for the hottest day of the summer (last time on July 20 & 21) UGH!! Spent a good portion of the morning and early afternoon trying to keep animals cool. Guineas like to be sprayed with the water hose ;) The ducks and calf too.

Late afternoon I headed out to deliver some eggs and then to head to the fair for the evening.

Tonight's fair dinner was a chopped sirloin sandwich...yummy!

Entertainment was tractor, truck and semi pulls.

We left the fair for a little while to come home to put the poultry in their coops. I about had a heart attack when I opened the human door of the coop to find the guineas already roosting...after what they put us through last night!