ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Thank you everyone :D

DH took me out to Olive Garden for dinner. I am well and truly stuffed! It was very good :)

CYGChickies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm so jealous! Olive Garden is delicious. What'd you have? Did anyone sing for your birthday? Haha happy birthday!

CYG

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
CYGChickies said:
I'm so jealous! Olive Garden is delicious. What'd you have? Did anyone sing for your birthday? Haha happy birthday!

CYG
Shhh...they were not told it was my birthday ;) Last time family took me to dinner on my birthday and told the waiter I was unlucky enough that they were having a kids private birthday party in the banquet room...a clown came out and made a balloon hat and put it onto my head (I was 28 at the time). My family roared with laughter...it was not funny. I made them swear to never speak the word birthday ever again if someone took me out on that day.

Let's see...

We started with the salad and breadsticks of course.
Then it was Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta - my absolute fave!
I had the Chicken Marsala (regular not stuffed) and DH had the Chicken and Shrimp Carbanara (sp?)
For dessert is was Lemon Creme Cake for me and Raspberry Cheesecake for DH.

CYGChickies

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
elevan said:
CYGChickies said:

CYG
Shhh...they were not told it was my birthday ;) Last time family took me to dinner on my birthday and told the waiter I was unlucky enough that they were having a kids private birthday party in the banquet room...a clown came out and made a balloon hat and put it onto my head (I was 28 at the time). My family roared with laughter...it was not funny. I made them swear to never speak the word birthday ever again if someone took me out on that day.

Let's see...

We started with the salad and breadsticks of course.
Then it was Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta - my absolute fave!
I had the Chicken Marsala (regular not stuffed) and DH had the Chicken and Shrimp Carbanara (sp?)
For dessert is was Lemon Creme Cake for me and Raspberry Cheesecake for DH.
Oh now I'm even more jealous! I had broccoli cheese soup at the Bread Company here for dinner, then cocoa crisps for dessert at home. Doesn't quite add up! Last year I asked mom to make Lasagna for my birthday. There was singing but no ballon hat.

CYG

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
What am I thankful for today? I am thankful all of the friends and family who have reminded me of their presence through their well wishes for the day. While there some I don't see often and some I have never even met I am thankful that I meant enough in their lives for them to reach out. Hugs to all - thank you for being a part of my life.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
This last b-day, a friend took me to my fav. mexican joint....and mentioned my b-day.

They put a HUGE sombrero on my head, serenaded me in Spanish...and brought out a sopapilla (sp.) w/ whipped cream and smeared it all.over.my.face (and the honey got in my hair.)

I'm still plotting my revenge for HER birthday.....heh he he.

Here's hoping your good day turns into a great weekend. :D

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Please pray that I don't have to use my gun today. The people who live on the property that backs ours have left for the day and left their German Shepard running loose. He's been running the fence line all morning and jumping at it. The llama, calf and shetland/mini x are pacing with him....I might not have to use a gun if he breeches the fence - they might do the job for me. The shetland/mini x (Jack) has killed at the dog through the fence several times. I hate that horse generally but today he's earning a little respect from me. I've warned these people several times to keep their dog off the fence and told them what will happen if the dog gets into my field. I hate stupid people and it looks like they are stupid people. I don't want to shoot someone's dog, but will if I have to. Ugh!