Emergency, for new member, need baby goat help

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Nothing to add to the excellent advice you've already been given except to agree about Nubian kids being sort of slow starters as compared to our Nigerian Dwarf kids (which are much quicker getting their little legs under them). Please keep us updated and best of luck!

RileyandStormysmom

Just born
Reaction score
Update: The twins are still alive!! Yeah! We are just taking it one day at a time and enjoying them while we have them. They are probably two weeks pre mature.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Riley - you will have to start your own thread and post some pics. Did you take them to the vet? I hope they thrive for you.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
She posted an update in another thread started by GFF

"Update: The twins are still alive!! Yeah! We are just taking it one day at a time and enjoying them while we have them. They are probably two weeks pre mature."

adoptedbyachicken

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have moved all her posts to this thread now and sent a PM, hopefully the goats do well and she finds her way here.

April

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
RileyandStormysmom said:
Update: The twins are still alive!! Yeah! We are just taking it one day at a time and enjoying them while we have them. They are probably two weeks pre mature.
Im glad they are hanging in there!! Thats awesome news!!! Keep us updated please!!! Hope they thrive for you!

RileyandStormysmom

Just born
Reaction score
I have pictures but I don't know how to put them on. I didn't know about the selnium shots. Nope they were not. I had bought them pre-bred and she had given them their CDT and de-wormed them. I made sure they had sweet feed and were de-wormed the months I have had them here.

We have them both in the house in the bathroom in a basket. They still don't have their legs. I am going to call the vet again today. Yesterday he had surgery all day and never got back to us. Bio-sol? I will ask the vet about it Our feed store doesn't have it.

I called the breeder (she is a very nice lady) and she guessed they were due January 26th-Feb. 2nd. That was about 150 days from when she was with the buck. They due not have any teeth or teeth buds on their lower jaws.

I had given them coffee with molasses and that jump started them . I am feeding them with a syringe. oral one. I put my pinkie in their mouth and then feed them . It works better for them then a bottle.

I don't have many helpful people where I live. My neighbor would have let them die. I am trying.

Yes my Boer mix is a hungry little pig. I have my kids out babysitting him so he won't get into trouble. These goats look so delicate and small compared to him.

They couldn't drink off their mom .

Thank you for all the advice.