Emergency, for new member, need baby goat help

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
If you could get BoSe from the vet, that would really help your kids. That is a selenium injection. That is great that you are able to work with them and they are doing ok.

RileyandStormysmom

Just born
Reaction score
Update: We lost Jack Black. He was doing so well then just crashed. We held him and were with him when he passed away. We buried him in the back yard.

ON a positive note Daniel is doing well. He went to the vet today along with my pyr. My pry has an ulcer on her eye either from a cat or a thorn bush.

The vet told me he believes they are only 1.5 to two weeks early. He gave him two shots. We are watching his temp and making sure he is hydrated. The vet said he won't be able to stand for another two to three days. We are doing the best we can and hoping and praying.

To be honest I am not sure I am up to having goats . I love them so much and this has been so heartbreaking to me. My neighbors here are not very helpful. I hear comments all the time about it. Why am i taking him to the vet? Why am I getting up and feeding him every two hours and bottle feeding the other one. Well because I love them. I worry about them.

I am totally worried about my other pregnant doe now and the mother's that gave birth. I watch them all the time to make sure they are healing properly . I am crazy with worry about mastitis and my other goats getting sick or ill.

Well I will keep you updated.

Emmetts Dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:hugs I am sooo sorry for your loss!!!!! :hugs Thats terrible news!! But happy to hear Daniel is doing better!! It is part of owning goats! I am sorry!!!

As for you neighbors...ignore them..and love and care for what ever you'd like!! Nosy neighbors!!! :smack

Im sorry!! :hugs

julieq

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm so sorry that you lost one. But please don't give up due to this one experience, although I know it's rough going through. We've all been through the heartbreak of losing kids, believe me.

And although you may not have the support you need there locally, you've got a wonderful support network on this forum and we'll be here for you! Consider yourself hugged!

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:hugs I'm very sorry to hear about Jack Black. I completely understand your impulse to call it quits. We lost our first kids on New Year's morning and it's absolutely heartbreaking. Forget about your neighbors though- people either get it or they don't. There's nothing wrong with doing what's right for your animals. Next time when everything goes Ok it'll make it totally worth it. I'll have my fingers crossed for Daniel's recovery! :hugs

AlaskanShepherdess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'm so sorry. I felt the same way when I lost my bucks, but I'm learning that their dying doesn't ness mean I'm a bad goat lady... :(

mossyStone

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am so sorry for you loss... It hurts something awful when we loose these guys, be it goats or other fur friends..... Dont give up........ as for you neighbors pooy on them...

There lots of good folks here that can help with advice and support.....