Farmerjan's journal - Weather

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sunday, noon. Didn't get up until nearly 8. Alarm didn't go off... and didn't pay attention since I didn't need to get up... BUT... got a text from Deb at 7:20 that I didn't see until 8:30... was my power off??? So I turned on light.. no power was on. Then realized it was an hour+ later. I texted her back... and she got back to me that it was off about an hour or so but hers was back.
It is partly sunny/some clouds. Possible showers/storms later... but it is a little breezy. Jeans are on the line to dry.
Decided it was well past time to get some stuff in the house straightened up. Did a little vacuuming and have alot more to do. Kitchen is going to be the focus and I need to get things cleaned up, rearranged and all. I am a terrible housekeeper and I just need to be more motivated to do it... With all these peaches to be working through, I need some space and cleanliness...

Eating a sandwich, going back to it in a few minutes.

murphysranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know what you mean, FJ. I was furiously cleaning, getting the spare bedroom rid of junk piled on the bed; clearing off the dining table, etc. Why?? Cus hubs was bringing a long time friend home from Sacramento on Saturday (10 hr drive) and I wanted the house to look good.

I love the way it looks now. Tidy, mostly clean, and junk hidden....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Getting ready to quit for the night. Dr appt went good... took xrays, shoulder is really bad... showed me the difference between one that has the cartilage ( between the "ball and cup" that it rotates against... and my pictures... NOTHING... also said there is good chance that the rotator cuff is damaged too... several bone spurs... YEP... shot all to he//. Saw the PA... straight talking, nice, explained and answered every question I could think of. Said they would do a "reverse joint replacement'' where they put the ball on the body side and the "cup" (socket) on the arm side as it gives better range of motion, if there is rotator cuff damage, for the tendons and such.
I am not a fan of cortisone... it will degrade the joint overtime... that is why they don't like to give people too many of the shots... she even said so... BUT....there is not much left to degrade in mine... So I agreed to try a cortisone shot. Had one years ago in the knee and it didn't help so that is the only one I had...
Said I will know within 2 weeks if it is helping at all... and if not, then that's it. If I get much/alot of help, might be able to have a couple more and put off the surgery for awhile if I want. Talked about stem cells also, BUT.... with all the arthritis, bone spurs and such, it is very unlikely that there could be much or any improvement....

So, quick short spray of lidocaine, little pressure, and it was done... will see how it goes. worst is it will not help at all, and I will be no further behind... Best is it will help a whole bunch, and I can put things off for awhile... we'll see.

Went from there to pick up the window for the tractor that he was going to get on Sat and drove within 1/10th mile of the place... they left it out for him, and he forgot it because he took the 3 kids to the County fair... if he had driven by the place he might have remembered... but the fairgrounds is just south of the tractor place and I am sure with the kids, all the traffic and all that, it wasn't on his mind...
Dropped the window off at the barn at doug's farm.. came on home about 4 or so. Long enough day. DS went to the funeral of the "sister's" mother-in-law.... he knew them well... on Sunday.... and of course, I have not been told anything since... except asked to go get the window... tried to call him this afternoon when I got home and he texted me back he would call me later and I heard nothing until I texted what time was I supposed to pick him up... for the dr appt in the morning, so I am taking him... got to get up by 5:30 to get him by 6:15...

So, I am going to bed....

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
In for a little to eat... Got up left at 6:15 and took DS to Dr appt.... he has a bit of a cold, so not feeling great... also did not sleep at all last night he said. So, slept going down. Said that she really worked on neck and felt a little better... but slept most of the way back too. Didn't go to Rural King or anything... nothing needed today.
Tomorrow he goes to the hospital for the nerve induction test or something... trying to address the numbness in the hand and the foot... can't seem to find out what is causing it. Another early morning, and don't know how long this all will take.

So, I have some peaches in the slow cooker and more to start slicing, chunking, whatever the particular peach in my hand, seems to need. I will cut some in smaller pieces that have bad spots and such, to have diced peach pieces to eat. Plus a bunch of peach butter to do up. Expect them to call me with some more peaches in a day or 2 also.

Did all the dishes up, and going to put a bread pudding in the oven in a little bit. Use up some bread crusts etc out of the freezer since space is at a premium.... Trying hard to eat out of the freezer more... I have enough to feed a family for at least a year it seems...and stuff just coming out of the garden now.

Working on the boxes in the kitchen, all the stuff piled.... I am just tired of it..... about time, that I get my rear in gear and get motivated.

Weather is nice... Clouds and sun... temps in the mid 70's.... was 56 to start this morning....

Got to get my calendar out and see what farms still need doing.

Clothes in the wash needing to get hung out... Another load to do... The jeans are sure to be dry and ready to come in....
Better get something going....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@peteyfoozer ....Thanks for the positive thoughts. I got absolutely no benefit from the injection in the knee years ago. Cortisone cream rubs do nothing for me. I'm hoping for some relief... and it is worth trying once at least. Now, if I could find a way to use the lidocaine (that they spray on for numbing things), I would be in seventh heaven....

Along that line, got a call late this afternoon, and they set up my CT scan on Oct 2nd.... I was surprised they are on it that fast. Another early morning, but I would rather that as then I won't be sitting in case there are problems, late appts, all that sort of thing that makes the days drag on.

Got a nearly full large slow cooker with peaches in it... these are rotting faster than they are ripening... they don't peel with the hot water/ice water dip.... I used a carrot peeler to peel off the skins because I was taking off too much with a paring knife.... and the pits are impossible to just pull the peach off of... so they are in with the pits in some and as they get cooked down, I will pit them....
The second trip over to get those other ones are closer to being ripe... I won't have as much trouble peeling them... and they are not near as "bad"..... I have a 2 gallon bucket of rotten, bad spots cut out of a whole batch. The others will peel off and cut up and be sweeter... I don't want to add alot of sugar and these so far have not alot of flavor or sweetness....

I was going to go out in the garden, but the mosquitos are getting bad... I need to see if I can find some stagnant water around here, and get it dumped. Supposed to be another "cooler day" tomorrow, so will try to do that after I get back with DS ; whenever that will be. ...

Socks hung out, jeans in the house, 3rd load in soaking. Will finish and hang tomorrow... Getting there...

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had quite a bit of rain and they seem to have come out... There is a spring across the dirt road behind me, that has been "developed" and capped off... with a water trough, where we run cattle in the winter time... but the over flow comes out down below there and there are some wet spots... but I think that there are also some planters, here, that have water in them I haven't dumped... There were wicked a week or so ago, and there are still quite a few. The barn swallows that nested under the corner of the porch are gone... and I think they must have been eating some of them...

There is a feral cat that is sneaking in the house and eating cat food... I hear it and can peek over from the desk and see it. Probably followed one of mine in one time or something. It does not run when it sees me looking, but will tear out of here if I get up. I keep the back door to the deck open a little for my 2 cats... I am not going to fuss, my female can't have kittens, and I will get the male fixed this fall/winter before breeding season starts. If it helps to get a few more mice or moles I am fine. In the cold I make sure the cats are in at night, let them out in the daytime, and they have a litter box in the house too, and obviously keep the doors closed. I may have to feed some food outside for it when it gets cold out....

Going in to check on the peaches. Might turn them off for the night so I don't forget.... don't have time to try to "pit them" in the morning... then see if I can remember to turn them on in the morning for when I am gone... then get a shower and get some sleep.

Latest posts