Farmerjan's journal - Weather

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Auto parts, Toys, clothes, things like that are issues eventually. Not now. 😁 Most stores have backstock -- esp groceries for several months. Except that after this hurricane flood disaster, some grocery AND lumber, tools, etc will be short due to needs for those issues.

I know after a couple huge hurricanes, repair items were in short supply. Materials to make more of some things also....🤷. It's a wait and see thing.

I do know the damage to some crops will trickle down from the hurricane. Uprooted pecan groves, fields of grains for oils, flour, etc....loss of more poultry farms for meat & egg, processing plants. Those will show up before long in grocery & restaurants. We who have plenty stocked won't notice as much. 👍

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Saturday morning. NICE out, 58 to start but already up to 65 and the SUN is out full "strength"... We are supposed to have a very warm sunny weekend, but then temps will go from the 80ish range down to the LOW70's or 60's days by mid week. Drier air and nights back down to the 40's. Fall is coming this time for real.

Laundry in the basket and another load in the washer to go out in just a little bit. The grass will dry significantly to get some mowing done today....

Had to get some computer stuff done and issues with trying to set up an online account with my finally received Rural King card... somehow it just would not let me set up to pay online... PITA... but very nice helpful person with the company that handles their card... and got it done.

Got the samples packed and sent off yesterday after the testing. Stopped at the groc store for a few things I forgot the other day... think I finally got all that I was wanting/needing.

I think after it dries off that DS will get some hay mowed late this afternoon. It will take longer to dry with the cooler weather coming on and the heavier dew we will have in the mornings now. Oh well, part of it.

So, good day to get things going....