Finding a landlord who will permit rabbits...

DianeS

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Is harder than I thought it would be!

I mean, really. Rabbits are quiet, and even silent. With my manure management system, they don't smell. They live happily in a contained area and don't even need to go on walks. They don't shed in the house. Etc, etc, etc.

I'm relocating to the Eugene, OR area this fall, and am having a heck of a time finding a landlord to accept all my animals. Some (a total of 3) have been OK with it, but I haven't been first in line for any of those properties yet. (I have 1 inside dog, 2 inside cats, 3 outside chickens, and of course the rabbits-10 of them at this moment.)

Does anyone here live near Eugene? I'd appreciate any tips on landlords, co-ops, groups of any kind that might be able to help me find a rental home that will permit the animals. Or anyone who can help me think outside the box for ways to keep the animals somewhere else while renting. (Like hiring a 4-H kid to house and take care of them for a year, or finding a community garden type setup where I can put the rabbits and chickens while visiting twice a day to care for them, etc. Anything creative like that might help, too.)

Thanks in advance!

Legacy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
It sounds like maybe the problem isn't so much the rabbits as it is the sheer number of animals.

I totally understand the frustration. We tried renting a house once with 6 kids and a rottweiler. Not an easy task. I was will to get rid of the dog to house the kids.

It may not be possible to find a rental property that will allow that many animals.

chickenjoe

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Check craigslist to see if there any farm rental place farm rental shared.