Finnie- Finally A Journal

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s been a good day. Daughter no. 3 and her best friend from childhood (they had horses together at the stables for years) came over for a game day, which also included pizza lunch and cookie making. Friend brought her standard poodle with her, so that made my collie happy. (The dachshunds not so much! 😂)

Oldest son in San Francisco was supposed to have been here for a 10 day visit, but he came down with Covid a couple days before his flight, so that visit is postponed. The game day was scheduled so they could see each other, but we will schedule another one whenever he does get here.

I’ve been able to spend time with almost all 5 kids this summer. 🤗 We visited daughter no.1 and family in Oregon for a week in July. Daughter no.2 (in Colorado) spent 5 weeks here. Her kids had 4 weeks of visitation with their dad separated by one week back with her in the middle. (Which was spent at our house.) Younger son only lives two hours away in Cincinnati. He doesn’t visit very often, but he did have plans in town with his friends this weekend, so we got to see him on Friday, and then again Sunday afternoon through Monday lunch. 😍 And we’ve had a few different game days with daughter no.3 this summer, which is nice. She only lives one hour away, but she works a lot and isn’t super social, so we treasure when she does make it. Now to just get SF son here, and we will have seen them all.

And! We are set to go out to Colorado and go camping with the extended family out there, and not only that, but Oregon daughter and her two kids are suddenly able to make that trip too, so we will get to see both sets of grandkids TWICE this summer! :bunny

Well, gotta stop typing. DH wants to take me out to a movie! (lol, it was my idea.)