First-Timer (me, not the doe) on Kidding Watch in the "barn"

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Hoping kids real soon and life gets back to the pace it is. Waiting does slow everything down.

K

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Is there a storm comming in? That will get her going. :lol:

I learned a long time ago. It will happen when it happens so just calm down and enjoy. I have been on "kidding watch" for 4 weeks and still no babies.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
Is there a storm comming in? That will get her going. :lol:

I learned a long time ago. It will happen when it happens so just calm down and enjoy. I have been on "kidding watch" for 4 weeks and still no babies.
Thunderstorms here today and tomorrow :barnie
high of 66 today high of 62 tomorrow :th

kayzee

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I suppose it depends on your definition of "storm"...this is Southern Arizona, so we only get actual storms during the summer monsoons, but there is going to be some rain in a little while here. She didn't yell to be let out this morning, so either she knows about the rain or she's busy with something else (pleasepleaseplease.)

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
kayzee said:
I suppose it depends on your definition of "storm"...this is Southern Arizona, so we only get actual storms during the summer monsoons, but there is going to be some rain in a little while here. She didn't yell to be let out this morning, so either she knows about the rain or she's busy with something else (pleasepleaseplease.)
our thunderstorms come with tornadoes :hide

jmsim93

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Wow! I just read through this post and I need a shot of whiskey!!! (and I don't drink) Praying the babies come SOON! :barnie

zzGypsy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
jmsim93 said:
Wow! I just read through this post and I need a shot of whiskey!!! (and I don't drink) Praying the babies come SOON! :barnie
yeah, I've come to the conclusion that goats will do that to ya...
:lol:

waiting along with everyone else...

kayzee

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Yeah...my "in case of emergency, break glass" anxiety meds, which had gone untouched for a couple of months previous to this, have been leaned on rather heavily. The problem with a vivid imagination and and inventive mind and an obsessive need to research things is that when that mind is allowed time to run free in an adrenaline-laced state, SOOOOOOOO many bad, bad, BAD things present themselves and reduce the owner of said mind to a state of babbling and weeping. My husband is usually really good when it comes to my mood swings but even he was looking a little alarmed at one point.

I have two back-to-back medical appts tomorrow several towns north of here. We'll be gone for quite a few hours. I can only assume that's what she's waiting for.

Ariel72

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Trust me girl I've been there. Ok...sit down and take some deep down in your belly breaths...or your husband is going to start hating goats. It'll be alright. You have so many knowledgeable people here to lean on. Hugs...I'm serious about the deep the breathing. Just contentrate on your breathing and don't think about goats for like 5-20 minutes.:)

kayzee

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hooray! It's triplets! Two doelings and a buckling, all light buckskins, but one doeling has some darker golden shading on her back. Spot was sneaky and started pushing while I was in the shower, so I heard her yelling as I was trying to get dressed with lightning speed. I was almost shocked to see this tiny little goat in there after so many false alarms. It was a good thing I was there for the next two--they both tried to come at once, one was breech and the other was HUGE--twice the size of the first doeling. I pushed the breech one back but then just let him come out that way as there was plenty of room. Spot and the babies are doing well...Audra Belle (their big sister from last year's kidding) is hiding in the corner and highly alarmed. My husband, who watched but did not assist but did attempt to comfort Audra Belle, is totally grossed out and taking the longest shower ever.