Florida newby

B.B

Just born
Reaction score
Im Karen, my pygmy goat is named Billie Jean. She is 4 months old. I got her when she was two weeks old. I never had a goat before. I got her as a Christmass gift, she was a total surprise. I love her so, I think she loves me too. To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing but as I researched I learned. Im thankful that she was bottle fed for a bit so I was able to get my ducks in a row.
I know she is being raised unconventional.......... I only have one. So far that is my only mistake. She blends in so well with my dogs. This makes me a bad mommy? How will I know if she is depressed because she is alone? This is why city folk should not get goats. They believe they can beat the odds. So I am.....
But im a newby, Greetings to everyone.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
B.B said:
Im Karen, my pygmy goat is named Billie Jean. She is 4 months old. I got her when she was two weeks old. I never had a goat before. I got her as a Christmass gift, she was a total surprise. I love her so, I think she loves me too. To be honest, I had no idea what I was doing but as I researched I learned. Im thankful that she was bottle fed for a bit so I was able to get my ducks in a row.
I know she is being raised unconventional.......... I only have one. So far that is my only mistake. She blends in so well with my dogs. This makes me a bad mommy? How will I know if she is depressed because she is alone? This is why city folk should not get goats. They believe they can beat the odds. So I am.....
But im a newby, Greetings to everyone.
:welcome

Congratulations on getting your first goat!

What kind of dogs do you have? Dogs really concern me around goats unless they are super small or are LGDs...Goats are prey and dogs are predators and almost nothing will change that instinct.

I wouldn't wait for her to become depressed and lonely before getting a goat friend for her. And goats are like potato chips...who can have just one? :gig

moyle

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
New too! Horse girl who loves goats too, but knows nothing as well. How large do pygmy goats get?