Fly control that pays YOU

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
13 layers and I'm getting 8-10 per day on a reg. basis and somedays more. Just had a 13 egg day not to long ago. :)

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
13 layers and I'm getting 8-10 per day on a reg. basis and somedays more. Just had a 13 egg day not to long ago. :)
Wow!

I know one of my hens isn't laying properly. Got any good recipes for a good stewing hen?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Wow!

I know one of my hens isn't laying properly. Got any good recipes for a good stewing hen?
Slow cooker with water and seasonings and cook her slowly all day long. If you have several then slow cook, debone, and can. Even can the broth as it's great for soups and gravy's.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
any kind of fowl are good at controling the ticks.i dont have my hens freeranging.they stay penned.dont feel like chasing them.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
any kind of fowl are good at controling the ticks.i dont have my hens freeranging.they stay penned.dont feel like chasing them.
My chickens go in on their own at night. Once you have them trained to a certain spot, you don't have to chase them.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
GrassFarmerGalloway said:
wynedot55 said:
My chickens go in on their own at night. Once you have them trained to a certain spot, you don't have to chase them.
My mother would tell you different. It was her job to put the chickens away at night when she was growing up. She hated being late because they would roost in the trees and she had to get them down.

I guess it depends on the chickens.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i always have a few hens that stay out as time goes on.an ive chased a few hens.

Latest posts