fuzzi's "Gardens and Chickens...and Goats? Oh My!" Journal and More Thread

fuzzi

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good thing to do. Probably some lost clothes just like what you're giving back ;) :D =D many elders.
According to the guy at church there's many people who escaped with just their lives and the clothes they were wearing. I asked what was needed and he said "Everything". :hit

And winter is coming.

fuzzi

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
On vacation... just a few days.
IMG_20241013_185344605_HDR.jpg

fuzzi

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My chicken sitter reported no problems, until the day before we came home. He did the waterers and feeders, checked for eggs, nothing out of the ordinary. As he was about to open the door and leave the run he said the "big rooster" rushed at him, stopped, then started "crowing". Sounds like Zacchaeus decided to be assertive about his territory, all 128 square feet of it!
:gig

I currently have 11 bantams. Those higher in the pecking order get first dibs on the main roost (7' long) and the lower ranked chickens settle for the A-frame roost, almost as high. When I went out this evening after dark I heard a little twittering. I went in to check for late afternoon eggs, then noticed that they're ALL on the main roost! It's been chilly here, mid-forties, and I think it's cold enough to make a crowded roost much more appealing.

And Zack was in the middle, playing referee perhaps?
IMG_20240913_200006998.jpg

(photo of the usual roosting positions from Sept)

Latest posts