GOAT BLOAT!! Help is this bloat?

miniaturefarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Is this goat bloat?
64D714E4-46FF-41E7-8666-607C06FF095C.jpeg
8BC27384-567F-4FF1-8AC1-505AD970BE15.jpeg
they ate a whole hay bag last night.... if they do what should I do???? I have baking soda for a open mineral but I don’t think that’s gonna do anything

cherrynberry

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Is this goat bloat?View attachment 91062View attachment 91063they ate a whole hay bag last night.... if they do what should I do???? I have baking soda for a open mineral but I don’t think that’s gonna do anything
I am pretty new to goats, but that doesn’t look like bloat to me. Also, my goats don’t overeat hay. They will, however, overeat grain, if allowed.

miniaturefarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am pretty new to goats, but that doesn’t look like bloat to me. Also, my goats don’t overeat hay. They will, however, overeat grain, if allowed.
ooh okay thanks, I guess they are just fat lol. but the hay bag was huge I dunno.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
How is this goat acting? Can you hear gut sounds? While they can eat too much hay and look huge, if it's same type they've been getting probably just overate. If not chewing cud, moving gingerly...but is standing stretched out and grinding teeth, you have a problem. Goats will stand with front elevated, such as front feet on a step, which allows gas to move and they burp.

miniaturefarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I will go check, Thank you!
How is this goat acting? Can you hear gut sounds? While they can eat too much hay and look huge, if it's same type they've been getting probably just overate. If not chewing cud, moving gingerly...but is standing stretched out and grinding teeth, you have a problem. Goats will stand with front elevated, such as front feet on a step, which allows gas to move and they bu

miniaturefarm

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Update?

Also, dry browse can make the rumen pretty big.

If they look comfortable, they are probably fine.
Sorry, I've been so busy lately, but they are completely all good I guess they are just a lil chonky lol, they're acting all good. I was overreacting a bit. Anyways I just made goat treats im this close to eating one myself- they look good?!