Weather goat 106.7 temp

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Vets -- bless their hearts🙄 -- are often not well versed in goats. In TX they should be with all the goats that are there!! But it has often been thought alfalfa increases calculi. I know people who feed ONLY Alf and no issues. Try to find orchard grass or even orchard grass pellets -- Standlee prob makes them.

He feels crappy & now his food & water are changed. Yeah, he doesn't want any, thanks! 😉 You should see improvement once antibiotics take over. I'm fairly certain it was a broad spectrum type to cover all bases. My goats love carrots, apples, turnips, celery, bread and pumpkin. See if he'll eat any of those -- lift his spirits and blood sugar levels, without grain. He'll get back to forage as he feels better. Any fresh grass around?
Yes he has access to grass, okra leaves, mulberry leaves he loves carrots, he has access to bark and mini melons from the garden and I have billie block for him we keep hay out even though they wont eat it I also have dried beet greens (smart Beets I think its called) alfalfa pellets and hay replacer pellets, I have not tried bread I thought that was a no no. would sour dough starter be ok for him? I dehydrate extra sour dough when I dont have time to use all the scrap when I feed it. that way if I kill it with neglect I have it already to rehydrate. but for now it is just crumbs. I will look for those pellets at the feed store or tractor supply he does still have fresh water as well as the ACV water 2 buckets. I also have raisins and pumpkin seeds I do have squash that I grew this spring and I do not mind sharing that either Thank you for the Ideas I have been so afraid to do the wrong thing that I have not really done so much with fresh foods. should I offer him black strap molasses?

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Is he drinking now? If not, you may have to use a syringe to make sure he is hydrated.
Let us know how he is doing.
I will keep you posted you all have been so helpful to me. Thank you,
my husband is going to watch him today and I am going to put water buckets in view of the cameras so I can watch from work. I will get his temp again before work when he gets his banamine. My husband thinks the rutty buck is bothering him so I am going to let him have the pasture and as the does go to bed and the buck gets to roam Az will still have the pasture. If the buck gets a little nuttie I could put the does I plan to breed to him in during the day with him. But getting Az better is first priority. I still have some questions since no real testing was done but one temp at a time today.