Goat "herding"?

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My goats are *extremely* food motivated :D I just shake a feed pan and they'll follow me anywhere LOL. They even hop and skip along the way. Then again we just have the 2 does right now (with the 3rd coming in 12 weeks) and they are leash trained as well, but when they get out I can just shake a feed pan and they'll follow.

savingdogs

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Mine are much the same as lupinfarm. If I have grain in my hand they will cooperate pretty well. I sometimes lead the more dominant one and the other two follow him.

Ashmeade

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
My goats follow me whereever I go (we have 6). Worst case though, if further motivation is needed to get them somewhere, grain or the tempting of a treat never fails!

Goats are VERY food-orientated__especially mine! :lol::p

Hollywood Goats

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I can't get my goats to go where I want them to no matter how much food I put out, so I just end up carrying them (they are Nigerian Dwarfs so it is fine)

Ariel301

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hollywood Goats said:
I can't get my goats to go where I want them to no matter how much food I put out, so I just end up carrying them (they are Nigerian Dwarfs so it is fine)
Hahaha my buckling is that way. He leads, but he is so slow at it and has to stop and sniff every flower and chase every chicken or butterfly, that it could take half an hour to go across the yard. I usually give up and carry him. We will have to change that soon, as he's already 40 pounds at 6 weeks old, and I can't carry him much longer!

Grain works well for the girls. If I shake a bucket of grain at them, they will follow me anywhere.