Goats eating my great pyrenees's fur

WLRRM

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I am going to figure out the mineral situation but am a little concerned about the hair they have already eaten i havent seen any in their waste and they arent showing any signs of irritation just wondering if i should be concerned about possible undigested hair?

caralea

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Goats love hair especially horse hair---I have seen them eat a horses tail down to nothing in a pasture--learned habit--redirect----minerals, apples, hay bales-- You can try spritizing dog with lemon juice to discourage---klr:lol:

WLRRM

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you all again for your responses and suggestions. I am starting to think it has become a learned behavior that may have started as a mineral def. When one nibbles the others run over to see what they have and argue about who gets first pick. They dont seem to eat it obsesivly more like a chain reaction of curiosity? I think I will try lemon juice, dont think it could hurt either way. Has anyone had this issue and fixed it with any of the mentioned sulutions? I would be interested in more info if so.