Good Morning!--Chat thread

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
well now i like the dodge diesels.but some trucks just seem to fall apart.
The body is in really good shape but, he's hard on the steering and brakes. The dieing is due to the idle screw/spring/or whatever jiggling. If he takes the time to adjust it it's fine but, otherwise it's a b*tch.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i know the feeling.my dad was real hard on the truck bodies.he thought nothing of putting dents in trucks.an on his old farm truck the powersteering was shot.so that thing would beller an squal.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
What a great day!
Our power went out!
I wandered into the garden and thought my pond pump died!(again)
I looked at all the weeds, plants, hoses, and the green slime I would have to deal with to pull the pump, I wanted to cry!
Unplugged it and went in for a drink to get me through the job ahead!(coffee)
I don't think I have ever been happy about a power outage before?

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Howdy!

Had to help with a C-section today on a kicky Red Angus heifer today. Sadly though, no live calves, only twin dead ones: one bull and one heifer. The stench was horrible though with them being in the heifer for a couple days. UGH!! :sick :sick :sick I nearly gagged when I had to take the calving chains off of the first calf to get put on the second. :sick I really sprayed the area out good to get rid of the horrid smell. It still clung to my clothes when I got home so in the wash they went right quick!

Oh, and I've been having an "agreement" issue with a cat that had been occupying the kennel room for the last couple months. Everytime I come in she starts throwing hissy fits at me, and will scream and bat at my foot when I'm trying to get through to the X-ray room. For no friggin apparent reason!! I have been refusing from the first time I found out she hates my guts to do any of the feeding rituals in the kennel room as long as she is around. The only time I'll go in the kennel room is if I have to develop X-rays or if absolutely no one else will clean a kennel out.

BUT, as of today, this devil of a cat finally found a home and is GONE!! :weee :celebrate :woot :thumbsup :thumbsup You could imagine my excitement when I got the news! I FINALLY can go into the kennel room and not be hissed or snarled at for no apparent reason, and be able to help with feeding and cleaning litter boxes down there. Now there's a couple of crazy kittens occupying what was Abby's space (the cat that hates me), and gosh are they the sweetest, cutest things you ever saw!!

We also got a littly bitty kitten in today that was picked up by a couple of county workers who were spraying the ditches. One of them noticed the orange furball in the ditch and deduced that he had been thrown out the window of a moving vehicle. The kitten's only like 5 or 6 weeks old, a tiny, innocent and fragile little thing. Cute as a button too. One of the assistants at the clinic cleaned him up nice and gentle and had him snuggled in a blanket to be cuddled and kept warm and fed. Whoever had the mind to throw something so innocent out the window like that has got to be the cruelest person to walk the earth. People like that shouldn't even deserve to have an animal, much less live. :somad It just makes me sick just to think about it. I mean, how on earth can anyone be so cruel like that???

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
the day has started.i did alot of my rough work yesterday.like watering the goats an chickens.an filling up the buckets for the chickens if the dang goats dont drink or spill it.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Went for a quick run for parts. Ended up gone 7 hours? DH changed his mind and went equipment looking too. :rolleyes:

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
what kind of equipment does he have his eye on now.i bet miss peanut was ready for her napp when she got home.i was gonna look at welders.but everytime i get ready to something comes up.so maybe i can look at welders next week.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Peanut won't take a nap when DH is home. She was however ready to get home and out of the tin can/wheels, I think we all were!

He's looking for a large round baler. Of course, you can't just look at them but, through the whole lot.