Good Morning!--Chat thread

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Afternoon everybody!

Our cloudy morning went away as soon as I started moving some cuke plants! If they don't make it I am not going to be pleased!

Got more weeds pulled and sprayed!
The boy went up and cut the big tree off the fence! Then told me to go pick up the wood? Yea, I figure I have til fall to do that!

Kitty, 77 is way too hot! We are barely touching 70 and I'm ready for the A/C and a nap!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well it's 79 now with the real feel at 85.

Cat nap taken and it's time to get some work done. ((wrinkle nose))

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:

What is the real feel?

And, I know what a cat is and what a nap is, but what is this "get some work done" you speak of?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:

What is the real feel?

And, I know what a cat is and what a nap is, but what is this "get some work done" you speak of?
Real feel is what it feels like out there. This time of the year it's temp + humidity.

Cat nap=short nap, usually 15-20 mins. long.

Work=feeding livestock.

PHEW! WHAT STINKS!!!!!!

I walked into the milk house to a horrible smell. It was the something electrical hot smell. We have no water in the barn. :barnie That's what stunk! The control box fried. :sick I called DH to tell him. He'll deal with it when he gets home. We also have 2 1/2 chopper box loads down and they are calling chances of rain the rest of the week.

Do I have to go milk the cows? Wouldn't a nap be better? I'm afraid of what else will go wrong. Besides, the calves are not happy about not being fed and letting us know about it.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Feeding livestock? I don't know that one either!

I will take your electrical hot smell, if you will take all the little containers that used to hold fish eggs, I found in my sink!
I was thinking of going on strike, but then I would have to smell it until he got around to it!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:

I will take your electrical hot smell, if you will take all the little containers that used to hold fish eggs, I found in my sink!
I was thinking of going on strike, but then I would have to smell it until he got around to it!
I'll switch! The burnt electrical smell hangs forever and it makes me sick.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
thewife said:

I'll switch! The burnt electrical smell hangs forever and it makes me sick.
Shoot, if I had known you would take the egg containers so easy, I would have thrown in the bait box that didn't get emptied!
I bleached the @@@@ out of it, but the foam lining in the thing it sits in, still stinks to high heaven!

I'm not happy!
I hiked all over the place today, spraying and pulling weeds, wore my good boots so I would not mess up my foot and ankles!
Slipped on my slip on shoes to go show the boy where a guinea is nesting, stepped on a rock wrong and messed up my good foot!
I have a buffalo sirloin steak and some fresh asparagus to cook, I can barely stand!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I try to avoid shoes for that very reason!

:hugs

We're going to need a new pressure tank in the milk house. :rolleyes: Switch has been replaced and tank will be tomorrow.

Thewife

Likes frogs
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:

We're going to need a new pressure tank in the milk house. :rolleyes: Switch has been replaced and tank will be tomorrow.
I know those shoes are bad for me, but I was only walking down the driveway!

I think I know what the pressure tank is?
Can you still milk?

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
thewife said:
Farmer Kitty said:

I know those shoes are bad for me, but I was only walking down the driveway!

I think I know what the pressure tank is?
Can you still milk?
As far as I'm concerned all shoes are bad. Every sprained or torn tendon ankle I've ever had was due to the fact that I was wearing shoes at the time! Even good tennis shoes.

Hmmm, I hate to tell you but, you must not know what a pressure tank is. It doesn't have to do with milking directly. Think water. It's the tank that the pump fills, holds the water, and pressurizes it.

Latest posts