Heidi kidded 8/29 - Important Update

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
marlowmanor said:
Thank you for updating. If I'm this anxious about a goat I've never even met and that isn't mine, I'm going to be totally nuts if things work out and Bailey gets pregnant and it comes her time to kid. But with her history I'll be nervous either way for her. And of course my DH will not understand worrying about her kidding.
haha :) I'm just hoping we/I don't have to do anything. I just want to be able to sit and watch and she does what she needs to do. I'm hoping my Kikos will just kid in the field. I like my animals to be animals so the less I have to do the better. lol But of course she will get whatever help she needs.

Oh and I can tell your following this closely Marlow. It's too funny. lol :)
I would prefer to not have to intervene when it comes to kidding myself. I've had to do it before (I was probably 7 or 8 and had to help one of the pygmies we had by positioning/pulling a kid). I've seen births before so it's not that new to me really, I just don't want to have to intervene if at all possible. I'd rather watch a successful kidding and see it done the way nature intended. Now my DH if he is able to watch the birth, or the kids would have it as the first time I they have watched a kidding in person. One more reason I'd rather not have something happen that requires intervention. If the kids are watching I'd rather not have to intervene.

I follow lots of the kidding threads. I'll be quite envious if you get some pretty babies. I know I'll never be able to get one of your goats though, likely too much for my budget. I can drool over them though! :drool

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
If the kids are watching I'd rather not have to intervene.
haha ^^^ ;)

I've never seen a kidding yet. New to me.
I hope she has some pretty babies for sure. You'd have to talk to Southern on prices as Heidi is her goat. I bet she would be reasonablr with a dear BYH member. :)

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Straw Hat Kikos said:
If the kids are watching I'd rather not have to intervene.
haha ^^^ ;)

I've never seen a kidding yet. New to me.
I hope she has some pretty babies for sure. You'd have to talk to Southern on prices as Heidi is her goat. I bet she would be reasonablr with a dear BYH member. :)
DH has been pretty adamanent about not getting more goats right now. If not for him restricting me I'd have another doe or 2 here! He has said we need to expand our fencing though before the new babies come. Wanna come help with that? ;) Maybe if we had more fencing in place he'd allow maybe one more doe here.

ETA: Watching a birth is magical. Yes it's a bit messy, but it's so cool too. I'm hoping Heidi has an easy kidding for y'all. :fl

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad everything is okay...I was getting worried too...stupid allergies and sinus headache and I'd lie down hoping it would help...then have to get up to see if all was okay with the kidding...LOLOL...my hubby would also not understand...hey...I don't understand...I have sheep (which I love and they are NOT stupid by the way) and no goats...but love goats too...have helped our neighbour with kidding problems and what adorable baby kids they are...too sweet!

Alrighty then...I say midnight today...twin girls :)

Best have a camera ready Straw (need an icon with a woman with one hand on her hip tapping her foot, wagging a finger...LOLOL)

Good luck!

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
Glad everything is okay...I was getting worried too...stupid allergies and sinus headache and I'd lie down hoping it would help...then have to get up to see if all was okay with the kidding...LOLOL...my hubby would also not understand...hey...I don't understand...I have sheep (which I love and they are NOT stupid by the way) and no goats...but love goats too...have helped our neighbour with kidding problems and what adorable baby kids they are...too sweet!

Alrighty then...I say midnight today...twin girls :)

Best have a camera ready Straw (need an icon with a woman with one hand on her hip tapping her foot, wagging a finger...LOLOL)

Good luck!
haha You guys are into this more than me. lol :D I will go out and check in a minute and give an update. Ya'll are speaking out this whole midnight and 3am stuff. :lol: