Heidi kidded 8/29 - Important Update

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
She is just lying there chewing her cud. She let out some small baa's too. It feels as if her ligaments are going too. It should be soon. In the morning sometime, I think.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just a thought before I sign off...if she appears to be having mild contractions, but no progress...it is possible she is positioning the kids which means more than one. Our ewe Jess did this and I spent over a week with daily and nightly checks...and she had our first set of twins here.

As for the actual birthing...every birth is a miracle to me and totally awesome, but then I get excited with each and every egg that I incubate when hatching begins...really hope you'll be there for the birthing no matter what time it is...an experience you don't want to miss. Chances are all will go fine, but good to be there just in case.

Good luck! Off to bed for me and wonder if the barometric pressure from this hurricane plus allergies will make my brain implode or explode :rolleyes:

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Thanks! That's good info.

I hope to be there. :fl

And I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully you can get some sleep too.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
just read your post...should be soon if ligs are gone...here's to a safe birthing and beautiful kids :fl

(didn't say handsome kids since these will be girls right?)

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
bonbean01 said:
just read your post...should be soon if ligs are gone...here's to a safe birthing and beautiful kids :fl

(didn't say handsome kids since these will be girls right?)
haha right... ;)

marlowmanor

Reaction score
We need an update. ;) I'm up for the day (unfortunately) and going on about 5 hours of sleep(thanks to a rough night with my YDS). Heidi needs to pop out those babies!

Wake up and get out there! :D