Hello from Alabama

Gregg

Just born
Reaction score
Joined yesterday so let me say a few things about me. I most likey have more experience than most on here with cattle but I don't know it all that is for sure.
I grew up on a farm here in Ala, we grew cotton, corn, hogs, beef cattle , a few milk cows, chickens. I grad from collage with a degree in Ranch Management, have managed several rather large ranches in Texas, have been herdsman on 3 dairy's , been a DHIA Milk Tester, and been herdsman on a large contract farm growing hogs.
Here on this farm (family ) we have a few steers on pasture, goats for brush control, laying chickens for egg sales. We grow hay for our use and for sale, grow a few feeder pigs for meat each yr. With that said , I sure don't know everything and don't claim too either. An old cowboy told me once , that if you don't learn something everyday about farming then you need another line of work, because you will think you now it all and will fail at farming.
Any way hope to learn form each of you.

Gregg

Just born
Reaction score
Thanks for those kind words , we can all learn from each other. I never tell anyone what they should do , only what I would do if I was in their place.
Again thanks