Hello from Central Texas

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome from the piney woods of East Texas. I’m roughly between you and Baymule. I have hair sheep and chickens.
Thank you for the Welcome neighbor 😉

I was thinking about hair sheep, mostly because my husband wanted a lawn mower that would be easy on the fences. If I had more land I would like to try sheep. do you garden?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the Welcome neighbor 😉

I was thinking about hair sheep, mostly because my husband wanted a lawn mower that would be easy on the fences. If I had more land I would like to try sheep. do you garden?
Not recently. We are on a new ranch and I have some arthritis that has thankfully improved. I now have an adequate manure build up and a tractor so I’m working on improving the sand I live on. Might I sing the praises of yellow pear tomatoes. Not large fruit but tasty and hardy. Also container gardens are a wonderful thing.

tjo804

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Not recently. We are on a new ranch and I have some arthritis that has thankfully improved. I now have an adequate manure build up and a tractor so I’m working on improving the sand I live on. Might I sing the praises of yellow pear tomatoes. Not large fruit but tasty and hardy. Also container gardens are a wonderful thing.
I love yellow and orange tomatoes! one of my favorite is the mushroom basket tomato it is considered a pink tomato. I love to can up the cherry size tomato"s they are fun in winter foods like stew and chilli. I will have to try the yellow pear. I do raised beds because I am on rocks and clay not the big decorator rocks like in other places to small to decorate with and too big to be useful. I pull stuff out of the coops and barn and it goes straight into the garden beds to compost there. Texas summer can break things down real fast. I am excited to hear how yours comes along.