Hello! New to the forum...Getting Nigerian Dwarf goats next week!

jenlynn4

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am sure I will be visiting here alot now that I will have some goats living on my small farm. Up till now it was chickens only. I have been a member here for a little while but never really posted much. Our new girls will be coming to live with us in 1-2 weeks. They are a mother and daughter pair who are 2 and 3 years old. Any advice or helpful hints on what we will need to be prepaired for them would be great! I look forward to getting to know everyone on here and cant wait to take part in some of the fourms offered on this site. :D

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome :)

Goats are tough on fences, I hope you have them in good shape.
If your goats are anything like mine, they love attention, so make sure you give it to them hehe
Other than that, you will probably have to ask a specific question, there are a ton of things that people will share with you here. All you have to do is ask.

GoatCrazyLady

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Goats are the best! Your going to love keeping them. :D

jenlynn4

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We are putting in new fence....We are going to use cemented 4x4 posts on the corners and metal t posts in between. We are going to use 5' pasture fence (as recommended by the person we are getting them from.) My kids (human) and I are looking forward to having them and they will be bred in december for spring kids! YIPPEE! The person we are getting them from only lives about 20 minutes from me and will be helping us with everything. We will be getting things ready for them over the next 1-2 weeks and when we are all set they will come home. We cant wait. :D

jenlynn4

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome! We are going to be setting the 4x4 posts today. We are going to cement them in on all corners so the run will be nice and secure for our new girls. I really cant wait to bring them home! I'll try to take some pics as we go. ;)