Help with a farm name

SassyKat6181

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My husbands family bought the farm in 1980 and named it Green Meadow Farm. It may have been called that before then (house built 1766 & barn 1849) but I am not sure. MIL successfully bred Morgan horses under this name for many years. She passed away 5 years ago and my husband and I took over. The remaining horses, 9 of them, are lawn ornaments. I have added chickens, ducks and 3 nigerian dwarfs. I sell my eggs and plan to use the milk for my family. I have two kids ages 5 and 2.5 I would like to get them involved in 4H and showing. I called the ADGA and was told that Green Meadow Farm is already taken. What do I do? Any suggestions for a name? I hate to change the name of the farm, but maybe I can just have a separate herd name for the goats. :idunno

michickenwrangler

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Could you maybe make it one word like Greenmeadow? See if that is taken.

I ran into that issue with my name. Our place is in an area known as Cedar Springs (cedar trees, natural springs) but virtually everything beginning with "Cedar" was taken. Thus I chose a SPECIFIC type of cedar, White Cedar (Thuja occidentalis, for my farm/herd name.

Try a few variations on it, or if you have some ethnic connection, maybe use that language for your herd name. Vega Verde = Green Plain in Spanish if you have LaManchas for examples. Champ Vert in French for Alpines, etc...

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think that your screen name Sassy Kat would be a cool herd name. I know that it isn't close to what the farm name is but it is different and less likey to be in use all ready.

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
Different shades of green maybe?
Perhaps Morgan meadows as a homage to you MIL

SassyKat6181

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Called ADGA today and spoke with a nice woman who said I can use GMF as a herd name. So I'm thinking GMF kids. This way I don't have to change the farm name since using the inititals is technically the same thing. Yippee! I've been bent out of shape over this :barnie

Latest posts