High Desert Cowboy- How far is it up north?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her dog nipped at our little pup the other day when they came over for Thanksgiving.
Not acceptable.

She did "lecture" her dog and gave the dog a stern talk
And the dog heard "Ginger blah blah blah Ginger blah blah blah".

Its my Mom's house, her rules.
Yep. Mom died in 2003, she didn't visit here often since it is 2,500 miles. But when she visited she smoked outside. NO ONE smokes in my house, not even my mother who I would have done anything for.

My sister has 8 little yapper dogs, to take our 50 pound 4 month old puppy
Snacks!!!!

Im all for it if someone wants to be vegan or vegetarian, but don't jump all over someone for eating meat.
Yep. Like religion. If I don't follow your religion, don't try to sell me on it.

If nothing else I know people from the Res will buy her, they seem to pick up all the old cull ewes.
Donate her to DxE, tell them you rescued her from death.

They are beyond vegan..above vegan..over vegan...they are 'them.
Read all you posted and can only "say" :barnie :th

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So I spent all day Saturday cutting and stacking wood as we had a little snowfall Friday night. I’d procrastinated for a long while trying to let my back heal up but there comes a time where you gotta grit your teeth and bare it. Then it snowed pretty good and stuck and it was 3 degrees this morning so winter may officially be here. Alfalfa the spoiled goat has barely left his duck coop while everyone else seems to enjoy the snow. Bella has a ball with her first real snowfall and loved it.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever met a dog that didn't love playing in the snow... I'm sure there must be one or two someplace, but I've never met them. :) My dogs loved it but after a bit I'd see them start slowing down and walking gingerly. The snow had clumped up in their pads and become ice balls. Pulled them out and they go right back to bouncing around! :love

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever met a dog that didn't love playing in the snow... I'm sure there must be one or two someplace, but I've never met them. :) My dogs loved it but after a bit I'd see them start slowing down and walking gingerly. The snow had clumped up in their pads and become ice balls. Pulled them out and they go right back to bouncing around! :love
You mean Mel doesnt have snow boots?

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I spent all day Saturday cutting and stacking wood as we had a little snowfall Friday night. I’d procrastinated for a long while trying to let my back heal up but there comes a time where you gotta grit your teeth and bare it. Then it snowed pretty good and stuck and it was 3 degrees this morning so winter may officially be here. Alfalfa the spoiled goat has barely left his duck coop while everyone else seems to enjoy the snow. Bella has a ball with her first real snowfall and loved it.
Take care of your back.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sitting here shivering and the heat is on set to 71° 44° outside right now. Sorry and I should have mentioned it since I too have experienced back issues. They aren'y anything to screw around with. Be careful and let it heal as best you can.