High Desert Cowboy- How far is it up north?

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the dog means more to her than her own family. When I go to my Moms house, which is only 20 minutes away, and take Lucy, I have to leave her in the garage. She isnt allowed in the house. Its my Mom's house, her rules. Or I leave her at home. A dog isnt worth fighting over or getting into an argument over because I cant bring her in the house. When I stayed with my Dad while Mom was in the hospital, I had to board her where I work. Thats too bad someone would choose an animal over their own family.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Rammy ...I will admit to chosing my animals over my family.... but i just don't let them know it. Mine stay home if we go to visit...this is their safe space... and I can get in and out quicker, maby it's diffrent if you only have siblings left in life ? Both my folks are gone.... but thinking back, i don't remember bringing my dog to my parents either...:idunno

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
For Christmas, we will board Carson, our puppy. He is too young to leave unsupervised in the house, it is not fair to crate him 22 hours, and it is not fair to dump the responsibility on our friend who comes over to feed for us. Because of the day Christmas comes on, the vet is closed from Saturday at noon until Wednesday. It sucks, but overall it is what's best for the dog. My sister has 8 little yapper dogs, to take our 50 pound 4 month old puppy would be the dreadfully wrong thing to do.

See? SOME people have a sense of decency about their dogs. LOL

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Really? I would say something! Then one would be crated or removed from the house. My dog, my house, my rules. Sorry....no one stays & does that.
As would I, but if it were my dog I would not allow it to do that beyond the 1st time.

My b-i-l once had a bunch of small dogs..may have been Jack Russels..I don't remember now. He used them for some form of hunting but when he no longer did that, he sold all but a couple and they became yard/family pets. One...whose name I think was Roscoe was a heel nipper, but only to others who came to visit. B-i-l thought it funny until one holiday morning as the extended family all arrived, Roscoe drew blood from my sister's ankle. Not badly, but a few days later it became infected and she had to see a dr.
That, was the end of Roscoe, and it wasn't Roscoe's fault..it was his owner's for allowing him to continue to behave that way.

High Desert Cowboy

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
After this last adventure we won’t be making any trips for a minute. My parents might be coming down for Christmas with my brother, he’s got a few weeks leave then back to the ship. I won’t go to their house, there’s a current feud between me and my vegan activist sister. She lumps me with the devil for raising pigs for meat (she hasn’t heard about my sheep) and the group she belongs to are nothing more than domestic terrorists.
Lambert has started to stand up a little for himself, Shaun tried to push him off the hay and Lambert got to butting heads with him. Good thing he’s going for a month or two

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
After this last adventure we won’t be making any trips for a minute. My parents might be coming down for Christmas with my brother, he’s got a few weeks leave then back to the ship. I won’t go to their house, there’s a current feud between me and my vegan activist sister. She lumps me with the devil for raising pigs for meat (she hasn’t heard about my sheep) and the group she belongs to are nothing more than domestic terrorists.
Lambert has started to stand up a little for himself, Shaun tried to push him off the hay and Lambert got to butting heads with him. Good thing he’s going for a month or two
Let me tell her about the sheep. :DCan I? :ducPlease! :celebrateLemme! :celebrate Lemme! :celebrate

Just kidding. :plbb

Im all for it if someone wants to be vegan or vegetarian, but dont jump all over someone for eating meat. If we all were vegetarian, what would you do with all those animals? I mean, cows, sheep, pigs tend to have babies. So are these vegans going to take care if them?
Im sorry you are having a fued about raising animals for consumption. Im sure you would love to resolve things and be a family. :hugs