Holachicka's first kidding thread. FINALLY baby pics!

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Holachicka, Thanks again. They girls were both wormed the morning I got them (1 month ago today). Nutmeg is very stand offish and leery of people but she does love sunflower seeds. Also Timothy hay but the way I get it for the rabbits it is to expensive to buy to feed to the goat. I can't find any one around here with GOOD hay to feed the girls. They have about a half acre that they share with 11 chickens so they have lots of grass, weeds, and dried leaves. I gave both girls their CD/T shots on Sunday so they are all set for a year, just have to worm them occasionally. Just waiting for Java Chip to have her baby IF they are still alive. I have been trying to feel movement and haven't the past week. Not sure if Nutmeg has head butted her so hard on her sides that she might have killed the baby or not. Maybe they just don't like me and wont move when I touch her sides. Guess I will find out soon enough. She has the yellowish string cheese type stuff coming out her and has for the last week. Not to anxious yet since it can't be very soon. This is her first and she isn't even a year old, poor thing. Oh well, we will learn this all together. Thanks for the help. Deb

Holachicka

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
What's this I hear about Lamancha's going early? I think someone made it up just to drive me crazy! ;) Emma's due date is tomorrow, her ligs are soft, her belly has seriously dropped, her udder is really filling out. She made a nest in the shed, and otherwise thinks I'm insane for coming out in the rain to stare at her. :gig

This is before her belly dropped,

2161_emma4-12.jpg

It's hard to tell from this pic, but her udder sticks out a lot farther than yesterday!

2161_4-13emma.jpg

Any guesses on when she'll go? Any guesses on how many she'll have?

I'm hoping for tomorrow and guessing she'll have a single...

Mitransplant

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
She will most likely wait till Saturday. WHO wold want their baby born on Friday the 13th? LOL One maybe two little does. Hope all goes well for her. Keep us all posted. GOOD LUCK!!!! Deb

redtailgal

Reaction score
Well, you messed up now. Should have never admitted that your hoping for tomorrow.

According to what I have seen and heard on the kidding threads, Your gonna have to wait at least another 2 weeks now.

Sorry, but didnt you read the Doe code ?

Holachicka

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
We have mucous! And a whole lot of back arching!!! She's getting pretty territorial about her spot in the kidding pen. (I put Honey in there with her)

Pearce Pastures

Barn Babe
Reaction score
:pop Come'on babies! Friday the 13th....hmmmm what are you going to name them if they are born today? ;)