Hoover died tonight

whetzelmomma

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Roll farms said:
I'm so very, very, VERY sorry.

You are not cursed, and you gave Hoover the life of a King Goat.

(((((((hugs))))))
What Roll said!! So sorry for your loss!!

Hamsteries

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss... losing part of the family is very hard. My husband and I were fostering a baby Nubain that was part of a criminal case from one of my investigations and she was very sick and thin when we got her. She made it for a few days and just when I thought she was going to pull through she died on the way home from seeing the vet. It was very hard on us. We also fostered a three legged Nubian that we eventually adopted. We were able to get him to start walking and it looked like she was going to live a somewhat normal life, when we discovered he had cancer and chose to humane euthanize him. Big hugs to you and know that we all believe you gave your baby the best chance he could have ever had. ((((HUGS))))

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Oh! :hugs I sincerely feel your loss & am so, So, SO sorry! Hoover was indeed a beautiful boy! My family's prayers go out & up for you & your family. These precious hooved creatures are like family and it stings just as much when we lose one or more of them.

crazyland

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/img/smilies/hugs.gif
So sorry about Hoover. He was such a beautiful boy.

Like the others said, don't beat yourself up. I lost a few when I started with my herd to, just misfortune: Goats playing to rough, sickness that stumped even the goat vet. It still hurts with the what if's but there aren't any. So we move on and love the next one just as much as the last.

TGreenhut

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm so sorry! He was beautiful! Don't lose hope on goats though! My aunt had a goat that she absolutely LOVED--it was her baby. But one day she came home from work and it had gotten its neck tangled in a rope and strangled itself. My aunt was terribly disstressed and thought she could never own another goat. She gave it time, though, and she has owned many other goats since.

So I hope that this didn't make me seem too much of a downer but I wanted to tell you to just give it time and maybe you will change your mind and things will get better. :hugs

terrilhb

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. He was beautiful. Sending lots of hugs to you and your family. :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs :hugs