Horse Pictures

Chickerdoodle13

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
laughingllama75 said:
Oh wow......mommy like.......I LOVE the red roan mare. Whooeeee, she is built to work. I bet you will have fun with her, what is her breeding (if you dont mind my asking)?
Thanks! She really is a beauty! I couldn't believe the guy we got her from was giving her away!

As to her breeding, we have no idea. She came from South Dakota I think as a yearling. She was mistakenly purchased at an auction and never had any papers. Supposedly she was an ugly yearling and the guy who had her before us picked her up for $500. We still have not thrown a saddle on her because we have been waiting for her to settle in, but I doubt we'll have any problems. I am kind of bummed that we have no history on her though...she definitely is my kind of horse!

So far I've been round penning her every other day or so. My dad does it on the days that I can't get out there. She has some serious muscle tone to her, but she is pretty out of shape running wise. I'm trying to work slow and let her take several walking breaks so I don't over work her. She will run around a few times at the lope and then be out of breath, so she needs some work! She's been doing great though. She's finally walking into the center when I ask for a whoah and she finally joins up nicely with me. It took a few times to get her respect. Apparently she doesn't like women...but she's been absolutely fine with me! I still have to work on getting her to turn into the center and to back up when I ask. She's kind of lazy though..but that's not a bad thing. I need a nice lazy horse to build up my balance again!

I'll have to get more pictures next time my dad works with her. I can't when I'm out there because all she does is follow me around! :lol: <3 (Sorry I typed so much! I just love talking about horses!)

Swbuda

Just born
Reaction score
appytaz, I have an appaloosa, too.. Tink, she's a 4 yo.. I will post photo soon.. I also have a donkey.. What do you feed your's ? He looks so GOOD!

Swbuda

Just born
Reaction score
wynedot55, don't say you are too old to ride.. ;) I have parkinson's, lupus, osteoarthritis, and I am 59 :old... Hee Hee... I ride every chance I get! We have 5 horses and 1 very sweet mini donkey..KEEP GOING!

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i havent stepped into a saddle in over 20yrs.an i doubt my body would let me if i wanted to.

Countrymom

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
i havent stepped into a saddle in over 20yrs.an i doubt my body would let me if i wanted to.
LOL My FIL took a spin on a horse we sold this past year before she left. Mind you in Tennis shoes and all. He is 86 years old. Really enjoyed it also. He would ride with us more if my MIL wasn't sick with Alzheimer's. She has a hard time letting himout of her sight. I still can see him riding on an older mare we have with my son behind him in the buddy saddle out checking fences just a couple years ago. Now my son rides that mare.

appytaz

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Riverfarming - I just love your baby! What a cutie and with nice markings!!

Swbuda - Get some pics of Tink up!!
I feed a Manna Pro Senior and we have a roll of hay out all the time. The dear donk gets a few handfuls of the grain 2 x's a day. I really love the Senior feed. My gelding is only 7, but it really keeps his weight nice without feeding alot of. I give about 3/4 scoop 2 X's day. (Donk get about the top few shakes out of the scoop) I do not have grass in the back pastures, so the feed and hay has done a fabulous job with keeping them healthy.

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I'll put up my favorite picture of Magic on his birthday he is a registered Bashkir Curly... looks like a plush toy heehee.
507996803_0d1257d95d.jpg

Here he is at a long 4 still with summer coat, he is 5 now.
3399587092_4d107ca66c_b.jpg

Bashkirs are hypoallergenic. They are really neat horses with good mind set, I like them as much as our Morgans.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
ok now yall are giving me horse fever.an thats just outright mean :gig

Riverfarming

Just born
Reaction score
appytaz said:
Riverfarming - I just love your baby! What a cutie and with nice markings!!
Her Daddy is a leopard appy and his name is Kikko. I need to get pics of him up. I'm just glad Koko girl got nice markings. Im not a fan of the leopards. In this pic she is only a hours/day old. :D

Little Cow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I guess I have an excuse to post more pictures of my herd.

First is Phoenix. He was green when I bought him 9 years ago. He's now an excellent trail horse, cowpony, and he did well at a couple different shows. We haven't been riding as much lately because of our baby son but he'll sharpen right back up with a little arena time.
ZQSpring2007034.jpg

PICT0019.jpg

Next is Andy (Sea Spirit). He's an older Arabian cross that we adopted from a horse rescue. He's had a rough life but will not want for food or friendship again.
2009-02-13018.jpg

2009-03-05032.jpg

Then, we have Donkeyotee. He was only a 4 and a 1/2 month old baby and near death when I answered an ad to look at a goat (he had been weaned at 2 and a 1/2 months! :th). The farm was a horror show but the owner seemed oblivious. I played it cool and got him instead because he was in the worst shape. I asked her for a receipt and ensured the date, her name, address, and a description of the donkey baby was on it. He was so weak and skinny that I just picked him up and put him in my trailer. Then, I had our vet come out on an emergency call to our farm to check him out. We didn't think he'd make it through the night. I used the receipt, the vet's report, and pictures to Animal Control and they raided her farm and shut her down. She was back in the woods and no animals were visible from the road so the AC needed my evidence to get a search warrant.

Here's a picture of Donkeyotee in my nice clean stall the morning after rescue.
scan001001.jpg

After 2 weeks, his ears finally stood up. My beloved old buckskin AQHA mare was his adopted mommy.
PC250022.jpg

And Donkeyotee now.
ZHFLRanch045.jpg

Here is Maggie. She is a Shetland Pony that we took in when a family member lost their farm.
ZZCO018.jpg