How long is labor? 7 yr old DOE

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Should I be giving her anything special to eat since I know that the delivery is soon?

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
My does won't eat much before they deliver. But keep plenty of fresh water at her disposal, and after she kids, she be starving. If the weather is cold where you are, some warm water in her bucket with l/2 cup of molasses might make her drink a lot, which she really needs.

I've been giving my two does, one had trips, one quads, a dose of red cell and some goat nutridrench every other day since they kidded. It's made their eyelids nice and dark pink.

DonnaBelle

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
This is HONEY on Wednesday night..... http://youtu.be/cPuv6daUz5w

now she is out free ranging and eating the fence line and acting normal....

Where do I buy REDCELL and the drench you are talking about?

Thanks Guys!

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Wow, I would have thought she was having babies for sure. Well hopefully soon. I hope that there are no complications and all the babies are just fine. :fl :hugs

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
she is grazing in the yard and acting like normal..... when it started sprinkling she went back to the pen........ so not sure...

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I want to make a video or her kidding. If I am able to I will post a link on here.... IF she ever gives birth.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Bedste said:
I want to make a video or her kidding. If I am able to I will post a link on here.... IF she ever gives birth.
That's a great idea! Would love to see it, hopefully you will be able to catch her. I was going to ask, but forgot. What was the buck that she was bred to?

DonnaBelle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You can get Red Cell at about any Tractor Supply, Atwoods, etc. or your local feed store.

I order the Goat Nutradrench from Hoegger's Goat Supply or Caprine Supply. If you can get a catalog from either place, it has a lot of goat specific items. I love Hoegger's Catalog, they've been in the goat business since 75 years ago....

DonnaBelle