How long is labor? 7 yr old DOE

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
no

She is free ranging and eating weeds and acting normal. I felt her belly and they are moving around. She never got to the pushing stage so I am not worried yet. She is due March 18th so maybe that actually was braxton hicks.

Did you watch the video? That was last Wednesday 5 days ago.... maybe she will make it till her actual due date.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Well it's good to hear thing's are well. Hope that when she does have them you get to be there for it. Do you have plans around when she is do? Hope you get it on video. Can't wait for babies. Thanks for the update. I was wondering how everything was going. I didn't want to ask because I don't want to become a pain. ;)

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You are not a pain. She is due on the 18th of March which is next Sunday but because she was at BREEDER 2 weeks before anyone noticed them snuggling.... no one is sure when they bred. She could be due NOW or the 18th... no later than the 18th. Her vulva is swollen, but she is eating and drinking and acting normal.... she has a hard time breathing when she is laying down...but I think it is due to her weight.....

Thanks for asking

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Sounds like she is going to have twins or triplets. I can hardly wait for her to kid now that I've seen the video. Keep us posted.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Bedste said:
You are not a pain. She is due on the 18th of March which is next Sunday but because she was at BREEDER 2 weeks before anyone noticed them snuggling.... no one is sure when they bred. She could be due NOW or the 18th... no later than the 18th. Her vulva is swollen, but she is eating and drinking and acting normal.... she has a hard time breathing when she is laying down...but I think it is due to her weight.....

Thanks for asking
Wow, well hopefully she will call for you when she is ready. Do you have a baby monitor out with her? You are welcome. I really pray that all goes well. Please keep us updated.

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
still no kid, Due date is this Sunday----

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
:barnie Just read all of this, now I can't wait for a kid to pop.

Its funny I don't have this eagerness for my own Goats but you ladies sure make it exciting for yours, :lol:.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Bedste said:
still no kid, Due date is this Sunday----
Well I hope to read that you have new babies and that everything went great! Oh and hope to see a video posted. Is that too much, if so, I really hope that all goes well. :fl

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Tuesday NOON no labor signs and no kids........ aaauuuugggghhhhhh!

I think I will just take off and go to Wal-Mart...... that ought to do it..