How to join discussions?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just go to the thread and join right in. Welcome to the forum!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I hope you'll consider taking a minute to visit the new member's thread and introduce yourself so folks can welcome you properly. https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/new-member-introductions.17/

Greetings and welcome to BYH Dee, from NE TX! So glad you joined us. I see you found 3 little piggie's post :) There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Dee Mini Pigs

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, it’s nice to find people who love animals as much as me, I have been told that I am a whisperer to animals and not just domestic, I can feel them and respond to what they need, I once fixed a hen who was dying, yep stood under my table and started frantically ripping all her feathers out. I am also a volunteer Australian animal rescue worker, I take in animals and nurse them back. I HAVE had more success stories than sad ones, even took an eastern grey kangaroo in when her mother was shot. Never the less I may be able to help many of friends with what ever the deal is. When it’s too hard for me I have an awesome vet (friend) that I speak too. I use home remedies for most things, I cured a ear infection in my dog, by using things in my pantry. Once again, thanks everyone, if you want to talk about your heard, let me know, this Aussie girl might have some answers, love Dee

Dee Mini Pigs

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I hope you'll consider taking a minute to visit the new member's thread and introduce yourself so folks can welcome you properly. https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/new-member-introductions.17/

Greetings and welcome to BYH Dee, from NE TX! So glad you joined us. I see you found 3 little piggie's post :) There's a wealth of info, knowledge and experience shared in the multitude of threads. Browse around and see what interesting stuff you can find. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Please make yourself at home!

PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me will never remember & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Dee Mini Pigs

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Hi, sorry, been a while could you tell me how to send a group post to everyone that is? If that doesn’t work well, I would like to let our lovely family BYH,s know that we felt a major heat wave, over 42 degrees, for three days, ( not sure in Fahrenheit) then worse drought, no feed, too dry, then a massive fire threatened my land, everything is burnt, no feed now, we are okay, but now we are in experiencing a huge wet, put the fires out but now too much rain! Almost flood. All in two weeks, Just an amazing very sad time, and very scary, keeping spirits up for my animals,
love Dee.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Greetings Dee. Welcome back. So sorry to hear of all the bad stuff you're dealing with down under. Any post you make here is a "group post" as it goes up on the forum for all to see. If you wanted to start an entirely new post, here's how you go about it:

1. Go to the main menu, or click on "Forums" up at the top left of the (any) page.
2. Scan down through all the possible forums till you locate the one that's best suited for your new post. In this case, probably either https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/random-ramblings.16/ or maybe https://www.backyardherds.com/forums/me-my-herd-my-family.12/ and click that forum (or the link I just provided) to go there.
3. You'll now be at the main list of all posts already made to that forum. Since you wish to make a new post, up near the top on the right you'll see a selection button that reads "Post New Thread". Click that and it will open a new window where you create and post your new message/thread/post.
Give the post a title, write the post out, then click to "Create Thread"... there ya have it! :)

Hope things improve for you and that you and your animals come through this.