How to keep the tax assessor at bay:)

Teeah3612

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
So, the tax assessor came out to look at my property last week while noone was at home. They left a nice little red card for me to complete on my new house I am in the process of building. They were unable to leave a card at my son's house. My big bad ferocious guard goat won't let her on the porch:) When I called to ask the assessor's office some questions about completing the card they had actually noted on Scott's file that they were run off by a goat. I just thought this was too funny and wanted to share.

Buttons can be a pest and he stinks to high heavens, but he really isn't too bad. Also, he is a pygmy so he's not much more than knee high. He and Peanut run free in the yard because Peanut can jump any fence and Buttons is willing to head butt his way through once Peanut escapes. My DH and I are working on a more permanent fence, but have given up trying to keep them in the temporary pen for now. Thankfully we live off the beaten path.

CocoNUT

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
That is too cute! They may've noted that cause goats are taxed here in our state! You know...just in case you tried to NOT claim them on the assessment form! ;)

poorboys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I wish they would have happened when they came out to do our insurance, they jumped us up to a farm insurance plan dang'nt.

Bridgemoof

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
omg that's funny. We had the same thing the other day with our HVAC guy coming to do a service. He said "I need to get around the side of the house, what do I do about the sheep?" I looked at him, looked at my little Finn sheep in the yard and laughed "Don't worry, they aren't going to hurt you. They are going to run from you. It really is safe to go in there."

I should have left the electric fence on for him though :lol: