I am looking for a book on rabbits

Ninny

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
i am looking for any in depth easy to read books on rabbits especially angoras. Does anyone have any suggestions?

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
If you have a Tractor Supply close go and check out there book section...I was in ours about a week ago and they had several different books about raising rabbits....Also check out Amazon..They have a lot of books for raising rabbits including "Raising Rabbits for Dummies" "Your Rabbit; A kids guide to raising and showing rabbits" and many more.....And if you are willing to buy used some of them are very inexpensive...................Mike

brentr

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
bigmike said:
If you have a Tractor Supply close go and check out there book section...I was in ours about a week ago and they had several different books about raising rabbits....Also check out Amazon..They have a lot of books for raising rabbits including "Raising Rabbits for Dummies" "Your Rabbit; A kids guide to raising and showing rabbits" and many more.....And if you are willing to buy used some of them are very inexpensive...................Mike
And TSC usually has Storey's Guide to Raising Rabbits, which is a mainstay title as well. There are multiple Storey Guides - rabbits, goats, cattle, etc.

Gagroundhog

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Of my books "Rabbit Production" had the biggest section on angoras. Chapter 14 covers wool growth, grooming, plucking, shearing or clipping, care of sheared or clipped rabbits and pics just to highlight some of that chapter. I got my copy in the '80's. Maybe you could google it and find a used copy somewhere or maybe the library has a copy. However if you live in the boonies like me the library may have hunt one down from another library and may take some time to get it but it'll save you money in the long run to get it and read it first. Also there may be old articles in old issues of Countryside, Hobby Farms or Mother Earth News. I'm not that young and new to computers, I don't have a clue how to research that but I thought I'd suggest it. Thought maybe someone might remember an article they saw somewhere. :)

Bitterroot

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
20kidsonhill said:
Bitterroot said:
Don't know about any for angoras specifically, but the book Rabbit Production is pretty much the rabbit breeder's bible, IMO.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1780640110/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_4?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Newest edition, due out in 2013.
Is that the normal price? $61.00 That seems really expensive.
Yep, and it's worth every penny.

The current copy I have is one from the eighties, and I got it used for $20 I believe. I just linked the new one because it's going to have the most up-to-date info in it.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Another place online you can get cheap books is www.half.com. It's affiliated with ebay. I've gotten textbooks, children's book and other media items off there for cheap prices.

Lupa Duende

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Does your nearest university have an Extension Programme? Cornell University has an extension program that realy engages with the upstate NY community..., and is even willing to help the odd immigrant!

Check online and the extension agrarian sector of your state university with probably have a plethora of information on livestock housing, management, and so forth, much of which wil be in downloadable format.

Ninny

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks everyone!!!!