I hate to say this but...

sunflour

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A bit overwhelming when you have a thousand new folks join over several days though

I was a Greeter on BYC - which has been one of the "jobs" I truly love. I started watching and greeting here and it is currently an overwhelming job .

It's not as personal, but you might consider a "general welcoming to all" at the top of the thread" with an apology or statement of the "chicken overrun"?

This is a temporary problem and things should settle back to your normal very soon :hugs.

So true. I'm struggling to keep up with everything.

Me too. I'm somewhat recluse in real life. I tried being active in many threads on BYC but it was overwhelming, so I reigned in my chatter to a few less busy forums and began having more fun and getting to know a few folks was a lot easier. Here with the Chicken Chats moving so fast, IMO difficult to participate with how fast and the high number of posts or whatever they are called here:idunno.

It sounds like you will be happier during this transition to focus on the forums that you really enjoy and just ignore the ones that are stressing you..:hugs

granny hatchet

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:lol:

You don't know the half of it!

Granny Hatchet and her friends had a thread that got over 150,000 posts, which was so long, it was lagging the server! The mods had to lock it and have her start a new one.
If your going to do something, do it right. I have been sticking to one thread here as to not disturb anyone. Im not here by choice but I do have many I love and worry about. They are my family and peeps know, You do anything for your family. We have Greeters on BYC. Thats what they do, they welcome new members. I dont mind not being welcomed because I wont be one staying.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was a Greeter on BYC - which has been one of the "jobs" I truly love. I started watching and greeting here and it is currently an overwhelming job .

It's not as personal, but you might consider a "general welcoming to all" at the top of the thread" with an apology or statement of the "chicken overrun"?

This is a temporary problem and things should settle back to your normal very soon :hugs.

Me too. I'm somewhat recluse in real life. I tried being active in many threads on BYC but it was overwhelming, so I reigned in my chatter to a few less busy forums and began having more fun and getting to know a few folks was a lot easier. Here with the Chicken Chats moving so fast, IMO difficult to participate with how fast and the high number of posts or whatever they are called here:idunno.

It sounds like you will be happier during this transition to focus on the forums that you really enjoy and just ignore the ones that are stressing you..:hugs
I'm trying to keep greeting to be nice, but I'm sticking to my chat thread, because people know it's there are can ask me things there or via message.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
If your going to do something, do it right. I have been sticking to one thread here as to not disturb anyone. Im not here by choice but I do have many I love and worry about. They are my family and peeps know, You do anything for your family. We have Greeters on BYC. Thats what they do, they welcome new members. I dont mind not being welcomed because I wont be one staying.

We have several people who are greeters here, too. I've tried to do the greeter thing several times, both here and on BYC, but I hate to just do the '"Welcome to _____," click enter, click on next thread' thing, I want to come up with something genuine and specific to the poster, so by the time I get through greeting half a dozen new members, I have to get off my butt and go do something else (real life is such a nuisance, isn't it?) and I never caught up with the threads I am following. That's why I only post on a couple of social threads in BYC - I just get swamped by all the posts!

I think it's marvelous that people can get so invested in the lives of people that, in many cases, they never actually meet. Several of us are desperately worried about some members (one in particular) that we won't have any contact with during the break, unless they come over here, too. I'm terribly sorry if anybody feels unwelcome here, I assure you, nobody intends that. I feel sure that I speak for everyone who has posted on this thread when I say that there is no animosity intended, merely a sort of bemusement at the flood of activity that has awakened this comparatively rather sleepy backwater community.

Kiki

Not just born
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Maybe y'all know this already, but PMs still work on BYC! Just can't post. I figured that's better than nothing. ;)
I'm pretty sure they will not be there once the site is back up.
What ever you send/rec now, while the site is read only, will disappear once it's back up.

Make sense?