I hate to say this but...

Memphis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Australorps, Double Laced Barnvelders, and my favorite Speckled Sussex. AND Blue Slate & Bourbon Red Turkeys! Does that make a herd?? How many in a herd??

Memphis

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
20170508_062143.jpg

Kiki

Not just born
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
That eye belongs to my horse. His name is Joe's Tuff Bars, AKA Joe. He is purest white, with pink skin and blue eyes. The blue in his eyes are the only pigment he has. He is 28 years old, anybody can ride him, he is sweet and gentle. He is a Quarter Horse.

Nope-wrong. :gig
hey bay!
I got me an Appalousa with the same colored eyes.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having said that, there aren't (or weren't) many "chat threads" on here that garnered 100s of posts daily of nothing but banter... Already in just 3-4 days there are now a multitude of banter threads going here.
No there aren't. And I've always liked that aspect on any board I frequent. I'm not much on social media..'talking' just to see my words appear.
I view and use the internet almost solely as a learning and 'sometimes' as a teaching tool.

I doubt anyone is really interested in what I had for breakfast, what time I woke up and all the other mundane things that happen in my daily life. I think there are now 5-6 different "chat" threads running in Random as well as the "Keep on Rambling' thread in BYC conversion section, which is where I originally thought all BYC threads were going to be.

I'm truly glad I long ago disabled email notifications of new posts and new threads. I don't check email much anyway. Maybe once every 3 months. I delete hundreds of spam messages every time I open my email client, as well as dozens of 'cutesy' pictures someone felt I just couldn't live without.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't stroll through the forums often, because I live a very busy life. Mostly I just post in my boards and check in on some friends boards right now, but I noticed all the commotion and thought I would stop in and say hello to all the new BYC folks who have stopped in.

From me, to you: :welcome

I hope that most of you who are on the fence about staying, stay. The folks here are a tight knit community but would eagerly welcome some new folks if you decided to stay. I know that I would. :thumbsup

WVduckchick

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
No there aren't. And I've always liked that aspect on any board I frequent. I'm not much on social media..'talking' just to see my words appear.
I view and use the internet almost solely as a learning and 'sometimes' as a teaching tool.

I doubt anyone is really interested in what I had for breakfast, what time I woke up and all the other mundane things that happen in my daily life. I think there are now 5-6 different "chat" threads running in Random as well as the "Keep on Rambling' thread in BYC conversion section, which is where I originally thought all BYC threads were going to be.

I'm truly glad I long ago disabled email notifications of new posts and new threads. I don't check email much anyway. Maybe once every 3 months. I delete hundreds of spam messages every time I open my email client, as well as dozens of 'cutesy' pictures someone felt I just couldn't live without.

You could probably ask Nifty to delete the offensive threads, once all the hubbub has subsided.