Introduction

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
What predators do you have in your area?
I am in east Texas and there are packs of coyotes, bobcats, occasional cougar and black vultures that will attack animals giving birth. The black vultures kill the new born and sometimes start eating the back end of the mother animal while she is helpless on the ground.

I have 3 Anatolians, livestock guard dogs, that live with my sheep. They bark to warn predators away, but if a predator came over the fence, they would kill it.

Yakudima

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
What predators do you have in your area?
I am in east Texas and there are packs of coyotes, bobcats, occasional cougar and black vultures that will attack animals giving birth. The black vultures kill the new born and sometimes start eating the back end of the mother animal while she is helpless on the ground.

I have 3 Anatolians, livestock guard dogs, that live with my sheep. They bark to warn predators away, but if a predator came over the fence, they would kill it.
We don't have any kind of predators around, we are really free of that, the only thing we have is bad people that can steal 1 or little kid if you are not good careful, and it depends on the area, some areas nothing will happen, after that your animals can go around anywhere and come back their self to your farm yard nothing will harm them.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope you realize how fortunate you are! I keep 4 large dogs to warn predators away and defend the flock. I am in the process of slowly getting my 25 acres fenced in so I can utilize the grass. It was part of a cattle ranch and fenced with barbed wire for cattle. The fences are old, run down and neglected. Trees, brush and vines have grown up in the fences. It’s a mess. I have one field fenced and will be working on a second field this winter.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
No predators, no fences. Wow! 🤣. But full time Shepherders.

I have a few goats who jump out & self graze. One neighbor not amused. 🫤 Another has 12 acres they have told me to graze....but, farmed except winter, so no fencing. It's my responsibility to contain them. I keep working at it -- may have to keep these 3-4 in a special field 🤷😄. Troublemakers.