Is she expecting?

koalabear

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I got this sweet thing a few days ago and now I'm wondering if she may be pregnant? there were multiple males where she came from, but these people never told me anything about possible pregnancy...to me she looks like she may be pregnant but I have no knowledge about this..
She is 2 years old and in my opinion extremely malnourished..
IMG_20240923_160922.jpg
IMG_20240922_174934.jpg
IMG_20240922_191618.jpg

koalabear

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
She does need groceries! If Rams, always pregnancy possible. With body condition she may not have cycled or caught when/if bred. It's a 50/50 on that. Glad you have out of their herd 👍
Her stomach does not stand sheep feed or fresh treats very well. One day she got into raw beetroot and oh my...that diarrhea. I have not seen normal feces from her like my other one does. Today she stole carrots from bunnies, right now no diarrhea but I will keep an eye on her. So we will try to practice eating over here with her. I had them both dewormed yesterday, just in case..I really hope she is not pregnant because it will be too much on her body I think ☹️

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
If she is, you probably have a couple months before she lambs. As for feed - if she's eating anything she can get to, you may want to isolate her and maybe another to keep her company and feed alfalfa.

koalabear

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
If she is, you probably have a couple months before she lambs. As for feed - if she's eating anything she can get to, you may want to isolate her and maybe another to keep her company and feed alfalfa.
Yes, I isolated bunnies instead, easier to keep them somewhere else than this hungry fella. That's what I'm afraid, that I have couple of months when she lambs..it will be in the middle of winter here and temps may be -22 degrees fahrenheit. And we don't have any heating. To be honest, I'm worried.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
We
Yes, I isolated bunnies instead, easier to keep them somewhere else than this hungry fella. That's what I'm afraid, that I have couple of months when she lambs..it will be in the middle of winter here and temps may be -22 degrees fahrenheit. And we don't have any heating. To be honest, I'm worried.
ll that gives you a chance to section off an area in the barn or build a small shelter.