Is she expecting?

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our temps don’t go below zero but I’ve had lots of lambs born when below freezing that did just fine. Although I always tried to put mamas in shed with clean straw to lamb on when I could, because it made me feel better

koalabear

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Our temps don’t go below zero but I’ve had lots of lambs born when below freezing that did just fine. Although I always tried to put mamas in shed with clean straw to lamb on when I could, because it made me feel better
-22F seems bit too cold, but yes, if she is pregnant, when due date is coming closer I will close her in shed at nights at least. And hope for the best...my wost nightmare is that I go outside in morning and will find a dead baby 😓

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
In February of 2021, Texas FROZE. I was living north of Tyler and temperatures dropped to -6F. I had 15 baby lambs, a few born during that storm. All did fine. I just had a roof lean to off the side of a portable building, all other sides open. I put up cardboard on the north side to block the wind and all survived.

koalabear

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
In February of 2021, Texas FROZE. I was living north of Tyler and temperatures dropped to -6F. I had 15 baby lambs, a few born during that storm. All did fine. I just had a roof lean to off the side of a portable building, all other sides open. I put up cardboard on the north side to block the wind and all survived.
Nice! That is very good to know, thanks for telling.