Is she expecting?

koalabear

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
They will work for internal and external parasites. They may take a little longer to disperse through her system than direct on the skin. But we often use an ivermectin "drench" for worming sheep here, and the extra benefit most never think about or see, is no external parasites like lice or mites or anything. Same as for hogs, they will get lice and ivermectin works good for that, internal or external. Using it internal works faster on the worms and such in the gut tract.... using it external is faster on the lice or mites... but it will get both as it is absorbed into the system.
Pour on ivermectin is very common in the cattle world... and it is one of the safest drugs to use; overdosing is not near as critical as using some drugs. There is also ivermectin that is used as injectable.
Can you give me some dosing information? How much for kg?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am not well versed for kg... but the rule of thumb here is 1cc per 100 lbs more or less. About what you would use for a human... The good thing about ivermectin, it has been shown to be safe at 10x the recommended dose...
There is a website....drugs.com/dosage/ivermectin.... meant for humans, but the dosages are given by weight in kg... I would do some research on the dosages... It would depend on the strength of the pills...

1 kg is APPROXIMATELY equal to 2 lbs... actually is 2.2 lbs I think... so if she weighs 50 kg, that is about 100-110 lbs .