is this a good deal?

wYs Ranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I don't have all the info yet...

I found someone selling their rabbits NZ or Ca. I can get their cages (8 hole) with food/water dishes and 6 doe 2 bucks for 150$

with the option of all her rabbits and supplies for 250$ that would be the stands w/roof, 11 rabbits, 6 bunnies and food and a grow out pen.

Is either option reasonable?

Hooligan Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thats a good deal.... But check the rabbits out first and make sure they are decent size and look healthy.... Good luck

wYs Ranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
thanks for the response... I plan to go look at everything before I committ... if I don't want them all, I'll post the info on here so someone else can take advantage of it.

therealsilkiechick

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
i would say yes, there is enough stuff there to start a small rabbitry. wish i'd of found a deal like that when i got into rabbits, i had to buy most stuff all new would have saved me alot of money. ;) long as everything is in good shape and rabbits r healthy i think it is a very good deal.

wYs Ranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, we go sunday to pick them up!!

wYs Ranch

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Well, we picked up 16 rabbits total (4 bucks, 6 doe and 6 babies). I didn't like the way they were being housed so I got them all. The cages were poorly made and will need to be remade in the spring. We spent the weekend making a shelter for them. We talked him down to $200 for everything he had, all rabits, cages, waters, feeders, nesting boxes etc.

We put the latis all the way around the ends as well. The tops of the peaks will be covered in solid siding. The ground is going to be leveled out and landscaping blocks put around the base. I thought the latis would be good to help let light in, and keep them cool in summer, and I'll wrap with plastic to keep them warmer in winter if needed, and still allow some light in. The entry way will be enclosed in the bird yard I'll be fencing in, come the spring.

I'll post photos of the rabbits when we move them outside. Here is the shelter we made for them.

hutch.jpg

Hooligan Farm

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
wYs Ranch said:
Well, we picked up 16 rabbits total (4 bucks, 6 doe and 6 babies). I didn't like the way they were being housed so I got them all. The cages were poorly made and will need to be remade in the spring. We spent the weekend making a shelter for them. We talked him down to $200 for everything he had, all rabits, cages, waters, feeders, nesting boxes etc.

We put the latis all the way around the ends as well. The tops of the peaks will be covered in solid siding. The ground is going to be leveled out and landscaping blocks put around the base. I thought the latis would be good to help let light in, and keep them cool in summer, and I'll wrap with plastic to keep them warmer in winter if needed, and still allow some light in. The entry way will be enclosed in the bird yard I'll be fencing in, come the spring.

I'll post photos of the rabbits when we move them outside. Here is the shelter we made for them.

http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff352/valorcc/hutch.jpg
Congrats!!!! $200 ain't bad at all. Good luck