Keeping Kits Warm *HELP*

BYJR1434

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
alrighty, I decided to bring them inside. The nest boxes are in and there doing good. if im gonna lose any kits i dont want the cold to be a factor. for my peace of mind lol
what day do your guys' does usually kindle? some say on day 30 some say 33, i think mine are on schedule for saturday but just curious.

mlongworth

Just born
Reaction score
In my experience each doe is different. But I think all of mine were done between 29 and 31.

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Most of mine seem to kindle at 31 days. I believe the longest we have gone is 32 days.

BYJR1434

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ok quick update, its day 32 according to when the breeder told me she bred her, qhich was dec 19th i picked em up the 21st. Neither of the does have kindled, the youngest first time mom i think skipped or didnt get bred. But the 1 and a half year old just started pulling fur and building her nest, so i think shes still gonna kindle, maybe she bred her again on the 20th and thats when she took idk. but im hopeful yet!

Citylife

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Yup.......... sounds like she will kindle today or tonight. Thats great!
As for the other one, they can have babies in there up to 35 days. If no babies... I say rebreed her on the 36th.
Look forward to the updates.

nawma

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I did not know that cold dead babies were not necessarily dead. Oh man wish I had known that a few months ago. Good luck!

BYJR1434

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ya, one of my des had her litter on the wire and they were all cold and brely moving but i warmed em up and all survived.