Kidding Thread *NEW PICS ADDED 6/12*

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
I still think it's pretty funny we BOTH got a dark buckskin out of our babies this year! I am IN LOVE with the color. My favorite doe, Kirby, is a dark buckskin. 'Cept...YOU got chocolate AND blue eyes. LUCKY YOU.

The black one really DOES look like gramma...

I ♥ their names!!!

Zanzabeez

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
helmstead said:
I still think it's pretty funny we BOTH got a dark buckskin out of our babies this year! I am IN LOVE with the color. My favorite doe, Kirby, is a dark buckskin. 'Cept...YOU got chocolate AND blue eyes. LUCKY YOU.

The black one really DOES look like gramma...

I their names!!!
This made me have to go and check out Kirby. :D I can see why you love her, she is a looker for sure. :cool: :thumbsup:

You really have a beautiful group of does too! I LOVE your junior does Farfalla, Pigeon, and Dulce. And of course the seniors Bella, Snip, Aspen.... :lol: It was neat to see the three you got from Olson Acres. My buck came from Olson Acres too. :D

Tracy

helmstead

Goat Mistress
Reaction score
Well, see my jr doe Shez Smokin? Near clone to Nicki's doe here LOL except Nicki got more BLING...:cool:

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi Tracy! Good to see you here! Our girls look VERY similar indeed. No moonspots on her kids this time like we were talking about but I am NOT complaining- I'm super happy all the way around.

BTW, Dulce is Gabby's litter mate! :lol:

Kate- it IS funny! And I had SO been coveting Smokie. I really feel lucky. :celebrate

Zanzabeez

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
helmstead said:
Well, see my jr doe Shez Smokin? Near clone to Nicki's doe here LOL except Nicki got more BLING...:cool:
Hi Kate,

I checked out your kidding thread and found her pics. Very pretty girl and she really does look a ton like Nicki's doe. :D I can see why she is a keeper.

Tracy

Zanzabeez

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
n.smithurmond said:
Hi Tracy! Good to see you here! Our girls look VERY similar indeed. No moonspots on her kids this time like we were talking about but I am NOT complaining- I'm super happy all the way around.

BTW, Dulce is Gabby's litter mate! :lol:

Kate- it IS funny! And I had SO been coveting Smokie. I really feel lucky. :celebrate
Hey Nicki,

Lol, I can definitely see why you are so thrilled. I would be more then thrilled with such pretty twin does too! :weee

I hope I am lucky enough to get doelings from my girls also. :fl So far Java looks like she probably has one in there. She is not very wide but is a long, deep bodied doe so maybe she will surprise me.

Congrats on getting a Smokie clone after drooling over her. Lol, that worked out well!

Tracy

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Our Sandy is gearing up! Could still be a week or so out, today is day 140. Into the kidding stall at night now though. By the looks of her udder I highly doubt she'll make it to day 150! :D

Greendecember

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
n.smithurmond said:
Are we taking a our first tinkle? yes we are... did mommy get it on camera? yes she did... :lol:
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/nickismith/tinkle.jpg

Gabby goat and her first kids ever!
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/nickismith/gabbyandgirls1.jpg

:weee :celebrate :weee
Your mama goat... what kind is she?

I have one colored JUSY like her! I LOVE the "eye brow" like brown streak on their faces!!! When I got mine I was told she was a Pygmy. Upon further investigation I found out she is a pygmy / boer cross. This is her second kidding. Last time she had 2 does and one of them had the "eyebrow" thing going on. This time I am not sure who her kids daddies are but I suspect the buck came from the Togg and the doe from the pygmy bucks at the farm where I bought the Mom and her first two kids last September. Her newest doe had the eyebrows too.

SDGsoap&dairy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
They are nigerian dwarf goats.

ETA: Gabby and Sandy are both called buckskins- Sandy is a light buckskin and Gabby is dark with roaning and one big moonspot.