Lalabugs 2021 kidding thread

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Due to lack of time in my schedule. I have only bred 3 does. The mini herd has been put on hold until I have more time.
We have 2 ND and 1 mini mancha bred.

Nilla was bred back to Dreamy. This is a repeat breeding. Due 12/22/20.
Nilla 6.22.19.png
Dreamy 6.22.19.png

Mary (ND) bred to Valor. Due 1/3/21.
Mary.png
Valor.png

Kate (mini mancha) bred to Satyr. Due 1/5/21.
Kate 7.9.20.png
Satyr 7.8.19.2.jpg

Out of the 3 breedings I am really excited to see what we get out of Kate and Satyr. I am really hoping for a doe.

Last edited:

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We are 8 weeks and a couple days away from Mary and Kate kidding. Mary is large already! I will have to get pictures this weekend. I can not wait for them to kid.
My kids are guessing at least triplets for mary.
I'm hoping does from both of them.

We sold Nilla. The new owner promised to keep us updated when she kids.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Kidding is right around the corner. We can not wait. Mary and Kate both got their CD&T shot. Mary has 3 weeks 4 days until day 145. Kate has 3 weeks 6 days until day 145. They both have freshened before. Both of them have not started making an udder yet. Both have already dropped. Kate's babies will be F3.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Mary has 2 weeks 5 days and Kate has 3 weeks! We are getting closer.

Kidding is going to be interesting. I go in for knee surgery new years eve. My daughters have said they would be with Mary and Kate if I can not be with them.

The MRI does not show the exact extent of what is going on. They think it is just a meniscus tear, but they will not know the exact extent until they are doing the surgery. The surgeon gave me best case, worst case scenarios. Best case scenario I am down 1 day, but he does not want me doing anything for the first week. Worst case scenario I am down 6 weeks. We will not know which way it goes until the surgery is done.
We are preparing for the worst, praying for the best.

lalabugs

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We have the kidding pens set up. Mary and Kate have been moved to them to get use to being in there before they are due. They get let out during the day but locked up at night.

Mary is already starting to be vocal. Wanting us with her 24/7. She cries at us when we leave her after feeding and checking on them. Udders are slowly filling. Nothing drastic. Mary has 1 week 6 days. Kate has 2 weeks 1 day. I need to get pictures of them. They both are big!