Lamancha vs Nubian whats the difference ?

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have a new Lamancha goat in milk. She is beautiful. Other than the elf like ears is there any other differences? Is the milk the same? Do they all have teats that are more challenging to milk?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Milk from a Nubian is usually higher in butterfat. Good udder and teats should be about the same in any goat.

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
thanks. I have never seen teats so much like water balloons that you cant get ahold of. Very hard to milk.

Hickoryneck

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Teats are biased on genetics not breed there are bad teats in all breeds

Nubians are known for higher butterfat then the other dairy breeds Lamanches are second to them but genetics also play a big part as there can be low butterfat nubians

Basically genes are what decide how any given doe turns out

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I had both Nubian and LaMancha's milk. Lamancha's is a little milder than Nubian but both are good. Personality wise, I think Lamancha is mellower and easier going and quieter. Nubian is cute with the floppy ears and Lamancha was once described to be as a dinosaur looking goat which I think is a pretty cool description.

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
this helps a bunch thank you... so would it be ok to mix their milk before freezing it or drinking it?

nissa_loves_sheep

Just born
Reaction score
LaManchas are an abnormally quiet breed of goat, while Nubians are abnormally noisy. I had LaManchas for many years and the fun part was holding a baby LaMancha in my lap and having people ask me 'what breed of dog is that?'

Bedste

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
nissa_loves_sheep said:
LaManchas are an abnormally quiet breed of goat, while Nubians are abnormally noisy. I had LaManchas for many years and the fun part was holding a baby LaMancha in my lap and having people ask me 'what breed of dog is that?'
:lol: OMG that is so funny.....

SkyWarrior

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
nissa_loves_sheep said:
:yuckyuck :lol: :gig

Oh, and :welcome